Best prop for tube / skis - 2011 Bayliner 175 (3.0 Mercruiser TKS)

sainoz

Recruit
Hi all, I currently have a 3 blade 25X21 and it is defintely not that great for towing a heavy load with the bow right out the water. Can you please suggest the best prop for watersports on a 3.0l.
I have ordered a 4 blade 19 pitch, hoping this will be good but if there are any other suggestions I would invest in another option.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
I had good luck on a similar size searay (also 3.0 powered) with Michigan Vortex 4 blade props - used a 16" for skiiing, 18" for general crusing and tubing.

What you already ordered will likely move it in the right direction vs the 21". Try out what you ordered and look at what your WOT rpm is (should be 4600-4800), if that doesn't work go down in pitch another step to a 17" or 16" 4 blade.

Unfotunately for that smaller powerplant to get a decent pull on holeshot you have to go very low in pitch so likely you'll end up swapping props to ski and cruise as the ski/power prop will keep the rpms up at cruise.

Which 19" 4 blade did you get?

sainoz

Recruit
I had good luck on a similar size searay (also 3.0 powered) with Michigan Vortex 4 blade props - used a 16" for skiiing, 18" for general crusing and tubing.

What you already ordered will likely move it in the right direction vs the 21". Try out what you ordered and look at what your WOT rpm is (should be 4600-4800), if that doesn't work go down in pitch another step to a 17" or 16" 4 blade.

Unfotunately for that smaller powerplant to get a decent pull on holeshot you have to go very low in pitch so likely you'll end up swapping props to ski and cruise as the ski/power prop will keep the rpms up at cruise.

Which 19" 4 blade did you get?

Solas Mercury/Mariner/Mercruiser Propeller, Aluminum 4-Blade​