BACK AGAIN, NO FIRE TO PLUGS?

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello again, finally got merc 200 20hp 1973 thunderbold ignition back together with new seals and lower crank bearing. If you recall my trigger had a split in it?? and unfortunately I took the flywheel off in three sections. So---, here i go again-fun, fun,fun.<br /><br />So, my manual is near worthless(cylmer) I should have gotten a factory manual. Anyway, I have four wires going to the front brace of the motor, the lower wires i am sure are correct, but I do not know what wire goes to the top screw. I took a picture previously but picture did not show top wire very well. I disconnected kill switch but it made no difference.<br /><br />Questions, <br /> #1 if magnets (flywheel) are in wrong position wouldn't I still get fire to plugs??<br /><br /> #2 If the smoothe break in trigger is adnormal how can I check it with a meter to know if it is okay??<br /><br /> #3 Help,Help, Help<br /><br />I can send pictures if that would help. Thanks again for your expertise. robert and ryan

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: BACK AGAIN, NO FIRE TO PLUGS?

Well, found out that I had wires on the terminal in wrong place. Fixed the wires and one pull and the baby started up and purred like it was just born, what a nice sound !!! my son is so excited and I feel like I just fathered another child, think I will call him Merc !! <br /><br />Anyway, still have to see how it goes under a load, thanks for your help, tips, couldn't have done it without everyone's help, especially EdMac, thanks again

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

L O L :D :D <br /> Boatmotors....<br /> Can't live with them <br /> Can't live without em. :)

dilligafda

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm all choked up, congratulations on your new arrival!!! May it have a long and prosperous life! :D

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well as yall problly already know, water coes out top and bottom spark plug holes. I re-sealed gasket with gasket silcone and a the gasket. But i found out that i have water under my floor board of my boat. So i now have to drill holes, let her dry out, find out where the leak is and ect. before i can test the merc under a load. SADNESS,I MAY BE 2 WEEKS-----Will update <br /> ryan c :(