Anyone on this forum from the UK ?

Danny_P_G

Seaman Apprentice
Seems most the the people on here are from the USA ! Great bunch of guys though and very helpfull !

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Anyone on this forum from the UK ?

There are a few regular members here from the UK. Welcome aboard Danny, jump right in the water's fine! :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, RPJS comes to mind right off hand.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, even more pop up on some of the tech sections. Also, a couple of American wannabes like Darth . . . :p :p :D <br /><br />Welcome Danny. Do you boat on the Channel? I've actually been to Great Yarmouth :cool: I recall a large warehouse just to my left in the picture with rescue boats? A long ramp from the warehouse/boathouse thing?<br /><br />
Dad%20on%20East%20Coast%20of%20England%20resize.JPG

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Danny, there's a few of us hanging around.<br /><br />Just one question: Do you like cricket?????<br /><br /> :) ;) :)

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"Yeah, even more pop up on some of the tech sections. Also, a couple of American wannabes like Darth . . . :p :p :D "<br /><br /><br />I am now deeply offended :(

Danny_P_G

Seaman Apprentice

QC : that picture looks like its near the life boat centre ??? just bought my boat but im gonna start using it in the sea very soon i hope when i learn alot more .<br /><br />RPJS : Yes i like cricket ! but even an bigger footy fan !<br /><br />Just started my first outboard today in a barrel cant wait to get it out on the broads and sea ! all seemed ok thanks with help from loads of kind people on here !!!!

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Danny_P_G:<br /> RPJS : Yes i like cricket ! but even an bigger footy fan !<br /><br />
You and I are going to get on like a house on fire.<br /><br /> :D :D

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Danny_P_G:<br /> Norwich city F C !!!
Everyone has thier cross to bare!!!!<br /><br />At least it's not Man U<br /><br />A Plymouth fan myself.

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi Danny, Welcome to the forum :) be very wary of that noisy feline, he is bad news, ;) really bad news :D <br />Its good to have another cricket fan aboard, those darn Aussies outnumber us Brits on here, they do try to give us a tough time, but RPJS is quick on the draw and fires right back :D <br />I'm a big Arsenal FC fan, its a lot easier now to follow the games with the internet and all , but who's got the time? I can't remember the last time that i saw Norwich play. <br />Was Justin Fashanu ever their striker? <br />That how long ago it was, the old memory box plays tricks on me these days ;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Darth,<br /><br />You aren't seriously offended are you? Liberal use of razz and big grin :confused:

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by QC:<br /> Darth,<br /><br />You aren't seriously offended are you? Liberal use of razz and big grin :confused:
:D :D Offended! not really, are you kidding? :D :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

Whew :D . You had me worried . . . :eek:

Kiwi Phil

Commander

The Okkers are-awaiting for you mate. <br />Bring on the summer.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Your just a glutton for punishment Phil.<br /><br />1-1 series drawn, England retain the ashes.<br /><br />BTW Phil, have you got any match tickets.........I have<br /><br /> :D :p :D

Danny_P_G

Seaman Apprentice

Darth D Invader : Yeah he played for norwich many moons ago he scored goal of the season against liverpool at carrow road before my time but my dad used to go on abaout it !<br /><br />Now gonna watch the England in the footy down the pub with a pint , should be easy win for us , I will be watching out for the aussies in the world cup to as they need a boost as they are over the hill now in Cricket and need another sport to have some luck it ......whats that drink you drink down under ??? Scooners ??? you can fit about 8 of them in pint !!!

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Danny and welcome aboard the ship of fools :D <br /><br />I'm just glad you used the term "UK" and not engurlund :p <br /><br />Cricket??? That's just rounders for boys. Rugby is the real game :D <br /><br />Just don't ask me about fitba' cos I'm Scottish and we don't have a national team anymore :( <br /><br />Luckily Norwich is outside my beat :D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Rugby (Rugger as my cousins in Cornwall call it)is my game of choice too.<br />Did you see the footage on the Wellington Skipper, Umuga, belting a mate with some sheilas handbag...in a pub brawl...which sold on ebay for a rediculous amount.<br />Over here Danny, and for RPJS too, they serve the beer dead-cold and the pies hot...exactly the opposite to what I experiences in UK (actually, didn't mind cold-pork-pies).<br />I don't have any match tickets. Time is an essence around this place at the moment.<br />Should you decide to extend your trip, and come north to the sub-tropics, please let me know.<br />Loved your car picture. Probably the best of the British...would love to have one.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip