after all that work

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class
i had this problem posted previously but couldn't find the post.
I got a cruisader v-8 carbed 4 barrel. not sure the year.
after about 40 minutes the starb. engine will begin to stall and i have to keep it at about 2000 to keep it able to run. If i shut the engine down and let it sit for about a half hour it will run good again. Thought it was a fuel problem so i had the carb rebuilt, changed all filters, replaced all fuel lines, made sure vent was clear, and replaced the fuel pump. after all that it still is doing the same thing after about 40 minutes or so of running it.
I know that electric components can begin to break down after an engine warms up but at 40 minutes of running the engine has already been warm for a very long time so i didn't think that would be a problem.

wire2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: after all that work

It's not fuel related if sitting for a ? hour fixes it.
Swap your coils, sbd to pt and try it again.

Dante04SRT

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's not fuel related if sitting for a ? hour fixes it.

Not true - If it has a fuel screen/filter sock in the fuel line that is getting clogged, it may take a while of sitting, for everything to settle, to unblock the clog.

Wotam

Petty Officer 2nd Class

>"It's not fuel related if sitting for a ? hour fixes it."

Ditto what Dante said above... I had exactly these symptoms from a clogged fuel intake strainer. Finally had to remove and clean the fuel tank. Not saying it's what's wrong in this case, just that it may be a possibility.