A video the Left does not want to see....

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
...Even you all who have swallowed the Left's hook that Bush lied would have trouble denying these words from some of the most partisan Left Wingers. If you doubt your party's disingenuos use of this tactic, you are one of THEM. It invalidates your party's quest for power.<br /><br /> http://www.gop.com/Default.aspx <br /><br />And don't bother to tell me it is just right wing propaganda. They did not photoshop this.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: A video the Left does not want to see....

What a bunch of hypocrites! :mad:

QC

Supreme Mariner

I'm with you two. How do they even look at themselves in the mirror?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> I'm with you two. How do they even look at themselves in the mirror?
Wondered that myself QC. IMHO it shows how despearate they are to regain power. And when some one is that desperate it puts their motive in question. I can think of any number of characters, throughout history, that showed that kind of desperate quest. Won't mention any names here.<br /><br />If my Pappy had caught me in any similar bold faced lies he'd a had me out behind the woodshed.

Kalian

Chief Petty Officer

Can someone post the text? I can't get the video to play for some reason.

Kalian

Chief Petty Officer

OK, I got it with my laptop. I'm sure we're looking at a sneak peek of next elections campaing spots! <br /><br /> I sure would like to see the media playing these bites!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> If my Pappy had caught me in any similar bold faced lies he'd a had me out behind the woodshed.
Exactly, it should be that simple.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br />
Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> If my Pappy had caught me in any similar bold faced lies he'd a had me out behind the woodshed.
Exactly, it should be that simple.
Should be QC. Regardless of political ideology I could never see why the American people don't have these bozos out behind the proverbial woodshed.

Link

Rear Admiral

If we still had news reporters, this would be on the news. <br />Another way to look at is that the main stream news has always had an hidden agenda but these days don't even try to hide it.<br />Boomyal your correct its time for the wood shed.<br />Man that was looong Boomy! :)

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I'm sure someone will post an excuse to counter these pesky Dem. statements. I'll wait here.......

PW2

Commander

I agree. We should do a careful review of all the intelligence known, who knew it, and when.<br /><br />For example, it was well known long before the war that there was no connection between Saddam and 9/11; that there was no nuclear program; that if he did have wmd's he had no way to deliver them, etc.<br /><br />These things were well known long before the war by the intelligence community--if Dems really had access to this info, they should be held accountable as well as Repubs.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> I agree. We should do a careful review of all the intelligence known, who knew it, and when.<br /><br />For example, it was well known long before the war that there was no connection between Saddam and 9/11; that there was no nuclear program; that if he did have wmd's he had no way to deliver them, etc.<br /><br />These things were well known long before the war by the intelligence community--if Dems really had access to this info, they should be held accountable as well as Repubs.
No way to deliver them?? When they dug up all the dead Kurds they should have told them to rise and walk because there was no way that the WMDs that killed them could be delivered. It seems to me that you aren't really agreeing at all, PW2. <br /><br />If you were so sure Hussein had no WMDs, you should have shared your "intel" with the world's intelligence agencies.<br /><br />And explain this to me: is it your stance that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with state-sponsored terrorism? And are you dense enough to believe that the war on terror is simply vengeance for 9-11, and 9-11 alone?<br /><br />Put your thinking cap on and come clean, man!

KaGee

Admiral

leftist_litmus_test.jpg

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

PW2- I'll assume that your response was a parody of a Demo-supporter. If you are being honest, I would ask you to please sign the paperwork and pay me the money you owe me for buying the Brooklyn Bridge. <br /><br /> To deny any connection between Saddam and Al Quaeda is to deny the obvious. Must we have concrete evidence to confirm this? Is the fact that Al Quaeda operatives worked in Baghdad under Saddam's nose enough? Or did Saddam not know about something occurring in a country that he ruled with such benevolence? <br /><br /> I find it hard to believe that still in this day and age of technology people still stick their heads in the sand and refuse to see the facts. (Notice I didn't say "truth"- that seems to be a term that some don't quite grasp.) <br /><br /> Anyway, the written text is very plain and this video simply backs up what was already known. I'm sure we'll hear the old "out of context" excuse from many, but the facts are pretty plain. It's sad that the Democrats have gone from being the other party in a two party system to simply being the spoiled brat child who has only his own interests at heart. The people of this country that have historically voted Democrat should be furious that their party has deserted them. <br /><br />UFM82

KRS

Banned

Play that video as a nationwide commercial, in a prime-time slot, so we need a wealthy backer... too bad the ultra-wealthy are dems too busy backing "anti" fodder.

PW2

Commander

My opinion comes from the Defense Intelligence Agency re the connection between Saddam and Alqaida (and 9/11). (Recently declassified)<br /><br /> http://www.levin.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=248339 <br /><br /><br />And Saddam gassed the Kurds some 12 years before, with weapons we supplied him. So what? He was a bad guy, no doubt about it. Was he an imminent threat to us? <br />OBL and Alqaida was and is an immediate threat. So we attacked Iraq??? Go figure???

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

You have tried to change the subject PW2.<br /><br />The subject is, Democrats supported the war before, but now they are against it cause they think it will get them votes.<br /><br />That is a fact, and also very pathetic.<br /><br />Ken

PW2

Commander

No, I did not change the subject. The Dems supported the war based on the available evidence they were provided at the time.<br /><br />That evidence seems to be shaky at best. I want to know who knew what, and when they knew it.<br /><br />I am fully prepared to hold the dems as accountable as the administration if, as is alleged, they did in fact have the same intelligence as the administration, with the same analysis.<br /><br />Taking this country to war is serious business. More than 15,000 Americans have been killed or wounded, and who knows how many billions of dollars have been spent. <br /> We have a right to know who knew what when. The intelligence was clearly wrong. I just want a thorough independent investigation into exactly why it was wrong, and who knew it was wrong, and when did they know it.<br /><br />I don't think that is too much to ask for.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

That video does not help Bush. Democrats forming opinions based on "intelligence" supplied by Cheney's "National Security" team. <br /><br />Bush whining - "they said it, too" and "they gave me permission to attack." Permission based on the same intelligence - if it was manipulated in some way, then you got a problem regardless of the outcome of the war, or how evil a dictator you took out.<br /><br />If it wasn't manipulated, then you don't have to apologize for it - you made a decision based on the best info that could be obtained. You don't have to try to deflect blame back onto congress.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

PW, you keep trying to defend the indefensible. In this case it is the constant widespread, coordinated lying by members of a party that aspire to lead this Great Nation. On that basis alone my Pappy woulda said that they do not have the moral authority to possess that privilege.