'91 Force 120 overheating issue

cinder1995

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I changed my impellor around 7 months ago, so it's probably not the issue. Plus water comes out of the water exhaust when running. But yesterday I was running at W.O.T. and after about 10 minutes the temp gauge shot up all the way. I got to a idle zone and it shortly went all the way back down. My gauge never goes up at all. I ran like that all day with no problems. Has anyone experienced this before? Could my thermostat be bad? My gauge?<br /><br />Thanks in advance.

c0mfused

Recruit
Re: '91 Force 120 overheating issue

you should be able to stick yor hand over the pee hole for 10 sec.with out getting burned.

wrinspect

Cadet

Took my new (used) 1992 20' Bayliner Trophy, 150 hp Force OB boat out yesterday at a local lake (Lake Elsinore) for her maiden voyage, seemed to run fine except after a few miles I did some slalom type steering, the under dash alarm came on, (coolant temp?) shut her down and the alarm kept sounding when I turned the key to the on position, waited @10 mins and it didn't sound, drove around at moderate rpms for awhile, then cruised around at 4000 rpms for several more miles then later on it did it again, shut her down etc. Ran around the lake a few more times, no problems. Did you find out what's wrong with yours? Bill

cinder1995

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I bought a new temp. sensor the other day. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet, but I hope that solves the problem. <br /><br />I'll let you know.