'88 21 foot Searay Seville Mid-cabin Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intoodeep1980

Recruit
Im sea trialing a 21 foot 88 Searay Seville midcabin express tomorrow. It has ~300 hours and has the 4.3l engine, which according to SeaRay was the only powerplant offered, mated to a Merc alpha 1 drive.

This is my 3rd boat, so Im no stranger to boat purchasing. Because of the price, I am choosing to forego a survey- structural or mechanical- contingent upon sea trial. The boat is very very clean. You could practically eat out of the bilge!

What are common problems with 88 Sevilles? this is the mid-cabin with the v-berth, enclosed head, and pseudo-galley.

jimmyriggs

Cadet
Re: '88 21 foot Searay Seville Mid-cabin Cruiser

Im sea trialing a 21 foot 88 Searay Seville midcabin express tomorrow. It has ~300 hours and has the 4.3l engine, which according to SeaRay was the only powerplant offered, mated to a Merc alpha 1 drive.

hello, first time posting on this site. I also have just bought a 88 seville with the 4.3l v6 700hrs. it runs like a kitten, but lower unit lift arms are froze up, i checked the pump over looks good, when i press the up button nothing, only down will work on the switch and the pump runs when you press down but nothing happens on the lower unit, i replaced all lines and checked pump for leeks.. nothing, disconnected those hydraulic arms and tried to push them in by hand,(the arms are stuck out, or in up position) one side finally went 3/4 way in. The other one is still stuck out, what are the arms called? is that my problem? can i use just one?.. please help me get this figured out and any advice is helpfull..... thank you!

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: '88 21 foot Searay Seville Mid-cabin Cruiser

You probably have a larger problem than I did, but I'll throw this out anyway. 1986 Sea Ray 268 Sundancer, alpha drive. Every spring, drive will not come down by the switch. I tried bleeding and various other things, did not find my problem. I then discovered that if I stood on the drive while my wife pushed the switch down, the drive would come down, and worked fine for the rest of the season (up and down). I'm sure that I have something wrong, but this has worked for 3 seasons now.

Warchild

Recruit

This is my 3rd boat, so Im no stranger to boat purchasing. Because of the price, I am choosing to forego a survey- structural or mechanical- contingent upon sea trial. The boat is very very clean. You could practically eat out of the bilge!

What are common problems with 88 Sevilles? this is the mid-cabin with the v-berth, enclosed head, and pseudo-galley.

Hi there. ..did you end up buying the Seville and do you still have her? Looking to buy but having a hard time finding one in the kind of shape you described...but I guess it has been six years now since you found yours.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, 6 years is a long time to reply. Start a new topic, please.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.