85 hp force outboard fuel/oil mix what is

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARVEDMAN

Recruit
i have a 85 hp force outboard motor. model number 856x7b. i need to know the year, anyone know? also what is correct oil/fuel mix? i dont believe its correct and it is running real ruff.<br /><br />please help someone.

rl29

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 85 hp force outboard fuel/oil mix what is

hey carvedman: <br />Its a 1987 and the fuel/oil ratio is 50:1

CARVEDMAN

Recruit

thanks for the info. would you suggest draining the tank and starting over. and could this cause the motor to run like crap

fishthebay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, its 50:1. If this motor is new to you, you need to perform some maintanance. I own the exact motor and with some TLC it has basically given me trouble free operation for the past 4 years.<br /><br />If you need help send me an e-mail to vze2mfqx@verizon.net<br /><br />After using the correct oil/gas mix you need to to a decarb and after that swap the plugs out. Also, change the lower unit oil. (THIS IS TRICKY) on this model. The drain plug is a very small allen wrench fitting on the front of the lower unit. If it doesn't come off e-mail me and I will tell you how to get it out.<br /><br />Use GOOD oil. I like Quicksilver Premium Plus 2 cycle.

ropaint

Recruit

Hey FTB I just bought a boat with the same motor but an 89 and I have 2 issues with it you might be able to help me with. It is hard to get going. Stalls allot. It has new plugs and stators. The other thing is the motor slowly sinks down. Is there a hydraulic adjustment.
Thanks Rick

Downeaster 007

Recruit

Hey FTB I just bought a boat with the same motor but an 89 and I have 2 issues with it you might be able to help me with. It is hard to get going. Stalls allot. It has new plugs and stators. The other thing is the motor slowly sinks down. Is there a hydraulic adjustment.
Thanks Rick

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
A 20 yr old thread, but was last messed with 12+ yrs ago

Status
Not open for further replies.