70 Johnson Dropping No.1 cylinder

Need help. I have a 70 Johnson 1994 model which is dropping the no 1 cylinder intermittingly. It doesn?t do it at full revs and works fine until your drop down to trolling speed or stop. When you restart the engine it starts fine but stalls when you go to take off. If you gradually increase the revs as you are taking off it will either kick it life and run great or stall. This is what has been done so far.
? Carbies remove stripped and cleaned. There was a little water found in the float chambers.
? Had steam coming out of cylinder when spark plug removed. Head casket replaced and head machined.
? Water separator filter replaced
? All compression checks done and passed
? Fuel pressure checks passed
The problems is still occurring????

Mas

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 70 Johnson Dropping No.1 cylinder

Are you using NEW fuel? Where's the water coming from?

What were the compression numbers?

If fuel is new, check spark with a spark gap tester. Are the carbs link/synched?

Mas

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

swap # coil with another, see if the problem stays with the coil, or the cylinder.

Thanks for the reply. There was a heap of water in the separator filter which was replaced, I don't think it had been changed for a while as the new filter is not showing any water at all. The fuel is new and has no ethanol. The cylinder pressures where from 115 to 120. I should also add that I have only just recently purchased the boat so I don't have a lot of history on it