2020 Regal 28 Express Cruiser How to Install a remote Spotlight on the Power Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tool Guy

Recruit
My boat did not come equipped with a Spotlight. I notice typically the factory mounting position is at the bow just to the side of the Anchor. Question # 1 Did Regal already supply the wiring between the Bow and the Dashboard that could be tapped into for the controller and the light itself in case I install at the manufacturers default location? Or question #2 Can I install, the (new LED very bright) spotlight on the power tower (My preferred Location) and run the wire to the Dashboard by somehow using the starboard side. The reason I ask about the starboard side is because the current lighting wiring that routs to the top of the arch for the outside mooring light and inside cockpit lights routs through the Port side. And I have no idea how to go from the arch Port side through and into the Battery/Switches area, and then over or under the sliding cabin door and on to the Dashboard. If I had a proper wiring diagram, I could probably figure this out. I have been able to get this far. From the top of the tower and also through the Power towers' hinge and into the starboard side of the boat. But here is the rub, I can't find a passage from just below the hinge and fiberglass and through to the dashboard. It's like there is a vertical wall (or hull reinforcement) in between. Do I need to go into and out of the engine compartment to make this work? Any help or ideas would be most appreciated.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Most towers only have 1 wire chase

You will have to look if the tower pads or tubes were drilled

As far as whether or not regal ran the wiring, you could call them

Tool Guy

Recruit
Most towers only have 1 wire chase

You will have to look if the tower pads or tubes were drilled

As far as whether or not regal ran the wiring, you could call them
The Port side of the Tower Pad (Or hinge as I refer to it) is drilled all the way through and harness wires for the lights mounted on the Arche run through it. On the Starboard (drivers side in this case) only the arch was drilled though. I drilled through the bottom pad/hinge and into a sidewall cavity that lets a snake go quite far. But its not the same cavity as the dashboard wiring chase going backwards towards the tower base. There is some kind of blocker/sidewall reinforcement. Sure wish I could x-ray the sidewall. So near and yet so far.

Regal272Guy

Recruit
My spotlight is mounted center of the bow and the anchor catches probably half the light, reflecting back in my face. Best mount I've seen is on the rails far above the anchor. Requires a custom mount you can build yourself if you're mechanically inclined. Wish mine was mounted there.

Status
Not open for further replies.