2012 Lund WC-14 transom support crack, how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFire

Cadet
Hi,

Just came back from fishing and I found the crack on the support bracket. I guess I was fooled by Lund saying they don't need transom saver and I always put my 9.9 at the back.... Lesson has been learned...
But any idea if Lund will warranty this issue? or I have to find the way to fix it?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo291184.jpg
    photo291184.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • photo291185.jpg
    photo291185.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • photo291186.jpg
    photo291186.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
call lund, however most likely your out of warranty anyway.

if so, get it welded.

FireFire

Cadet
call lund, however most likely your out of warranty anyway.

if so, get it welded.

Thank you Scott. Do you recommend to take the bracket out and get welded and put back in? Looks like I need to get rivet out as well. My first boat and my first repair....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Take whole boat to welder, go fising 10 minutes later. If you dont know of a welder, stop by your local radiator repair shop. Most of them weld aluminium every day

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The terminology for that is a "knee brace" and most guys repair them by removing the broken piece and replacing it with a piece of 1/8" angle by bolting all the way through. That will crack through the weld on one side and the heat won't be good for your riveted seam right there.

I also wonder why it failed. What size motor do you have and do you use a motor toter when trailering? Some reason the transom is being pulled away from the brace, you can see the gap.

fetch

sunwalks

Recruit
I have the same problem but at the top of the bracket on my 2009 lund wc 14 . How did you repair yours and were you happy with the result.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have the same problem but at the top of the bracket on my 2009 lund wc 14 . How did you repair yours and were you happy with the result.

This thread is outside our 90 day inactivity limit. Start a new thread. Most cracked knee braces are the result of rotted transom plywood, so investigate more.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.