2002 Signature 350 no rpm, hesitates on acceleration and alert coming from engine speaker

Neptune02

Cadet
Hello All,
So I replaced my port motor with a new engine. It was involved in a fire. Harness only had a few scorched areas but the wiring was repaired. Engine runs great but when increasing rpm the engine doesn't accelerate well. I have a new high pressure pump. Also the boat has not run in almost two years.
Also how do i check the rpm if the problem is a wire, or the gauge?
I have a constant beeping from the speaker on the engine. All gauges show good. Water temperature, voltage, oil pressure but no rpm.
I have not tried to run the engine at high rpms yet since Im breaking in the new motor. Only 3 hours on it.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Fred

alldodge

Staff member
What is the serial number of old motor or starboard motor?

alldodge

Staff member
look above the starter and under the exhaust manifold for a plate riveted to the block

Neptune02

Cadet
look above the starter and under the exhaust manifold for a plate riveted to the block
I appreciate you inquiring on the engine. But I dont have that information anymore. If you can help or give me ideas on how to troubleshoot my problem that would be appreciated.

alldodge

Staff member
Look at the other motor for the plate
Both motors were installed and were of the same design when originally built. Don't need the motor that was replaced to know how it was built