2001 Four Winns Horizon correct hull repair needed

ggundersen3

Petty Officer 1st Class
I’m looking at a 2001 Four Winns Horizon in good condition to possibly purchase, however there’s one thing I’m puzzled at. I’m told the original owner tried mounting something in the ski locker and drilled 3 small holes in the hull. It’s been removed and the 3 holes have since been plugged and sealed and it doesn’t leak. However I’d like to know what is the correct repair for this? I’m attaching a photo of how it looks now. Thanks!IMG_4366.jpeg

tpenfield

Staff member
Well, it is certainly not what is shown in the pictures o_O

You would want to hollow those holes out to fresh glass and then bevel the holes inside and out. Then glass over to fill the holes inside and out. Stitched cloth on the top layer inside and out and a mix of PB and CSM at the core. Gelcoat to finish.

ggundersen3

Petty Officer 1st Class
God knows what else the PO did!
Don’t buy it!
I realize obviously it was super amateur work that was done and knew it was wrong but was just looking for the answer on how it SHOULD have been done. I’m not buying the boat.

ggundersen3

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, it is certainly not what is shown in the pictures o_O

You would want to hollow those holes out to fresh glass and then bevel the holes inside and out. Then glass over to fill the holes inside and out. Stitched cloth on the top layer inside and out and a mix of PB and CSM at the core. Gelcoat to finish.
Thanks tpenfield, that’s the info I was looking for.