1992 Four Winns Freedom Restoration Rebooted

KevOLikesBoating

Seaman Apprentice
Just rebooted this project. Summer is coming up, a lot of work to do - I've got to get it done in time.

I'll be posting some pics within the hour but first I would like to know what is the best method for removing the cap?

My boat is an 18' - I've already removed the rub rail and all the screws - it's loose. I tried using a pulley system at 4 corners but that failed miserably. Am I going to have to break down and get an engine hoist? I will be doing some engine work anyway.

My concern is will it lift it high enough? Also, I would need two hoists and a load balancer wouldn't I? Sounds....expensive. There has to be a better way.

This is a follow up to http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=423340

KevOLikesBoating

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1992 Four Winns Freedom Restoration Rebooted

ff5J8.jpg

BEER. Fuel for the job, and an absolute must - tell me I'm wrong...

L824V.jpg

Lay of the land. Gas tank removed for cleaning (possibly replacing), stripped interior.

5XkOS.jpg

Side panel removed, redoing the upholstery everywhere. Can't figure out how to get that damn shifter off there though.
HeRMX.jpg

Really old oil that was coming out of the breather tubes at last start, nice and chunky thick. Drain plug in there somewhere as well....hmm

NPA4c.jpg

Carb removed, engine looks good. Had a cracked block scare but I think all is well. Will investigate this further, but didn't see any water leaks or cracks

rsxT1.jpg

Here you can see my stupid rope and my stupid bike.