1982 70hp Evinrude 3 cyl spring location on fuel/choke linkage, need photo if po

dajen

Cadet
This is on a 182 Evinrude 70HP 3cyl E70-ELCNB<br /><br />There are two linkages that connect to all 3 carbs. The one closest to air intake is most likely the choke, since it is activated by the electric choke (pushing key in) The second linkage might be fuel and is located just to the front of the choke linkage and it is also connected to the 3 carbs. At the center of the "fuel" linkage (adjacent to center carb) there is a spring that is loose and looks like it should be attached to the choke linkage, but I cannot be sure. Does anyone have a picture of those linkages that shows that spring (it is a circular spring, rather than a long coiled spring) I would buy a manual, but I am not sure is will have that picture. Should I buy an OEM manual specific for that year or will the "generic" manuals contain what I need. <br /><br />Thanks, <br /><br />Don

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1982 70hp Evinrude 3 cyl spring location on fuel/choke linkage, need photo i

Re: 1982 70hp Evinrude 3 cyl spring location on fuel/choke linkage, need photo i

Welcome aboard!!<br /><br />The end of the spring does not attach to anything. Strange, huh? <br /><br />Heres the deal -- if for some reason the choke (forward) linkage should hang up and not open completely, as you open the throttle (rear) linkage the "arm" of the spring will push, or try to push, the choke linkage open. <br /><br />You wouldnt believe the places we've seen folks try to put them. <br /><br />Good question!

dajen

Cadet

Dhadley,<br /><br />It might have been a good question, but it was an even better reply. I had a friend try to place it against the choke linkage in such a way as to possibly jam the choke closed. I was able to find the OEM service manual for that year and have ordered a copy. Thanks for spending the time to answer my question.<br /><br />Don

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Youre very welcome!<br /><br />Dont be afraid to share your new manual with your buddy. Lol!<br /><br />Good luck and happy boating!

allenboats

Recruit
Re: 1982 70hp Evinrude 3 cyl spring location on fuel/choke linkage, need photo if po

Sir,
I believe I have a similar problem with a spring on the throttle linkage of my 1972 65 hp evinrude. Did you ever come up with a picture of the linkage that is clear enough to see the spring?
If so would you share it with me?
Thanks in advance.
Allen