1982 15hp evinrude

shelbert

Cadet
Hey, have yet another motor that will not quite run right. Its that final tuning that kills me.<br /><br />Its a 1982 15 hp evinrude, the problem with it is its hard to start when its warmed up. If its cold one choke and one pull it runs like a top. You can drive it around the lake all day if you dont kill it and it performs perfect. Kill it and it takes 5-10 min of pulling to restart it.<br /><br />I have replaced the water pump, grommets and all thinking it might be overheating, but it never gets overly warm. <br /><br />The only thing that seems strange to me is the water that comes out of the 6 holes at the lower unit is quite warm, but Pee hole under the hood always spits out cold water. I didnt think much about it as it never really gets hot. <br /><br />Letting it sit for a while really doesnt help unless you let it completely cool down.

Bass Runner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1982 15hp evinrude

Sounds like mayby you have the low speed adjustment to rich, try turning it in a little if the motor idles to high after the adjustment adjust it down with the linkage. hope this helps.