120hp force reeds and exhaust plate, where to buy?

IMPATIENT 1

Seaman Apprentice
looking around the site and i can't find a spam section, so sorry if this the wrong place for this type thread.

i need a exhaust plate and reed valves for my 1998 force 120hp ob, who's got the best prices and can do paypal over the web? kinda need em quik:p sand bass are gonna start their run here soon:D like shootin fish in a barrel if you're on em:) i've gotta master gasket set on the way, not sure if it needs reeds or not but my research on this site says its possible so i may as well;)

Jack Daniels

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 120hp force reeds and exhaust plate, where to buy?

I have not checked but i would start right here on iboats. If the price is comparable and it usually is, its always good to support the forum and the help it gives you.

IMPATIENT 1

Seaman Apprentice

I have not checked but i would start right here on iboats. If the price is comparable and it usually is, its always good to support the forum and the help it gives you.

tried, they don't offer the plate:( i called our local marine dealer and asked for a plate, reeds, and fuel pump rebuild kit and he said "hold on, let me dig out that microfish":eek: i politely told him i had another call and would call back another time:D

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

See my private message to you

Can't help with the exhaust plate but if you mean the aluminum finned cover, I know it is expensive new--I think I bought one a while back for around 80 bucks.

IMPATIENT 1

Seaman Apprentice

See my private message to you

Can't help with the exhaust plate but if you mean the aluminum finned cover, I know it is expensive new--I think I bought one a while back for around 80 bucks.

frank, its just the plate in between that finned cover you mentioned and the block. when my wife gets home, i get the cam outta the car, get a pic and post it from work in the a.m.. i totally overlooked the crack in it when i pulled it apart. the plate was nice and straight, then overnite it warped all to hell:confused: guess it relaxed or maybe the cold, but regardless the crack showed itself better.

it may not need reeds, i'll get the plate on the way(thanx pnwboat;)) and wait on the reeds till summer. work is slow and i need to stash as much $$$$ back as i can right now, gm wants to close 500 dealers this yr:mad: maybe huntin a j o b soon:( may have to fish to feed the family, that'd be awesomeeee:D:Dj/k

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

That's the stainless steel baffle plate. It is not so expensive but if you have a friend that can weld, it can be repaired.

It sooner or later always warps because it is alwasys exposed to the exhaust heat. I have never seen a used one straight.

IMPATIENT 1

Seaman Apprentice

That's the stainless steel baffle plate. It is not so expensive but if you have a friend that can weld, it can be repaired.

It sooner or later always warps because it is alwasys exposed to the exhaust heat. I have never seen a used one straight.

just so happens my neighbor is a master welder, but i'll go ahead and order a fresh 1, gotta wait on the gasket set to come in anyways. prob could copper coat the headgasket and reuse it(only has 8-10minutes on it), but with my luck it'd leak:rolleyes: i'll give that mercury p# for the plate to my local marine dealer and see if they can get it for me before the weekend. i'd like to put a couple hrs on the boat before i trust my family in it.