115 merc

bandit

Seaman
I had a mechanic try to get rev and drive adjusted in. he says he can't get it in because its a problem with the throttle cable.not the shift cable. does this sound right. didn't think the throttle cable had anything to do with the shifting. hey but what do i no i am not a boat mechanic.thanks for any help !PS IT WILL GO IN TO FORWARD. THANKS

alcan

Commander
Re: 115 merc

Hi bandit<br />Sure it's possible, if you have a single stick control. The shift/ throtle lever first shifts the gear via the shift cable then picks up the throtle via the throtle cable. If one or the other cables is stuck you will feel a problem in the control box. The question is, why didn't your mechanic go ahead and make the necessary repairs? And why do you not trust his judgement?

bandit

Seaman
Re: 115 merc

Little more info. he did change the control box and cables.then said it may be in the lever for the throttle and timing advance. or somthing like that. and said he could do no more. so now i have the new/used control box $$$ and another prop that he said it needed ???cause mine was suppose to be to large for the motor??? o and he said when he took it out at full speed it had a little knock. he wasn't sure but he thought the top end was fixing to go but of course he had a rebuilt top end that would fit right on my lower unit thats when i payed for what he did and pulled it out of there and the lack of trust began.