03 Four Winns 180 Freedom purchase

PDACPA

Cadet
Hi all

New here and while doing some research stumbledd on this forum. I am looking at a 2003 Four Winns 180 Freedom with the 4.3 Volvo (190hp).

I was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas as to what to look at on this particular boat/engine/trailer when going to look at it. Going with an experienced boat guy, but this is my potential first boat.

I had been looking at Four Winn Horizons so I am not sure of the difference with the Freedom vs Horizon. They appear very similar.

Also what are your thoughts on price. $9k. NADA shows low $8k's but I do not know all the options on the boat.

Thanks

Dave1251

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 03 Four Winns 180 Freedom purchase

The boat is too new to have much wrong with it. The most important thing is service records. Has the boat been maintain with annual oil and drive lube changes. As a Volvo dealer, we drop the drive and inspect the bellows, gamble bearing and drive shaft annually. When was the last time the impeller was change?

I would also inspect the bellows (boots) to see if they need replaced with a boat this age.

Everything else is just general inspection of the boat and trailer. At the $9,000 price the boat should be in excellent condition.

PDACPA

Cadet
Re: 03 Four Winns 180 Freedom purchase

Thanks for the information. The boat is in excellent condition. Impeller was just changed. Oil changed regularly. I am going to check out the bellows, shaft, and gamble bearing. I was able to purchase it for less than the $9k asking price.

Thanks again for the information.