Evinrude 48 spl blowing fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awright121

Recruit
Hi all,
I have an evinrude 48 spl and lately the motor as been blowing fuses regularly. I get about 4 or 5 starts with a fuse before it blows. I recently did some electrical work on accessories on the boat however it was separate from the motor and coincidentally it was after doing that electrical work that the issues with the fuse started. Any ideas?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Revisit ele trical work. Do not pull power or find ground from key switch or engine wiring harness/loom.

camchronister

Recruit
Hi all,
I have an evinrude 48 spl and lately the motor as been blowing fuses regularly. I get about 4 or 5 starts with a fuse before it blows. I recently did some electrical work on accessories on the boat however it was separate from the motor and coincidentally it was after doing that electrical work that the issues with the fuse started. Any ideas?
Going through the same problem except this is my 1st. I am currently having a hard time locating the fuse on the motor. Any idea where it might be? I’ve checked this thing all over and can’t find anything

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
disconnect all accessories...retry fuse is usually on a red wire off the B+ battery side post on the solenoid

the fuse usually just feeds the solenoid at START(should be low current drain unless bad solenoid coil) , trim relays if used and engine ignition. the starter does not draw current from the fuse itself.

this post is 3 years old you should start a new topic

ct1762@gmail.com

Senior Chief Petty Officer
old post but blown fuses are usually a bad/dirty ground connection, or a dirty post in the red plug harness (either control side or motor side). just clean everything and make sure you dont have too many 12v sources going to the accessory switch on the keyswitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.