Lawrance Elite 7 HDI sonar/ gps unit question

airshot

Rear Admiral
Recently bought a used boat and it came with a Lawarance Elite 7 HDI sonar unit. After playing with this unit for a while, I decided to remove all the previous owners settings using the return to default feature. Worked fine, started adding my own settings and found the down scan feature isnt to be found. It was working great before the default feature was used. I have a manual and it talks about using the down scan but no mention of how to activate it. Anyone have one of these units that can point me in the right direction. Downscan was always on one of the pages to go to, but after the return to default....no more downscan, what did I do wrong or what am I missing ???? Thanks in advance,......

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
According to your manual you have a dedicated down scan page. I would start there

airshot

Rear Admiral
That is the page I couldnt find, spent a few hours on the lake today with my manual trying everything I could think of. Fish were not biting this morning so I had some hours to investigate this issue. Never could bring up the page shown in the manual, but after returning to default twice......guess what suddenly appeared..yep the downscan feature. No idea why or what happened to bring it back. Now that page shown in the manual will appear, but not before returning to default twice. For those that responded...thanks...but if anyone needs to know what I did to make it happen ???? No clue...guess if you push enough buttons, something will happen !!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Never could bring up the page shown in the manual, but after returning to default twice......guess what suddenly appeared..yep the downscan feature. No idea why or what happened to bring it back. Now that page shown in the manual will appear, but not before returning to default twice. For those that responded...thanks...but if anyone needs to know what I did to make it happen ???? No clue...guess if you push enough buttons, something will happen !!