Any Archers, archery hunters here?

FLATHEAD

Commander
Early archery season started here in Pa special regs area. Usually to hot to go out this early on but the weather was nice and cool this morning. Sat for 3 hours and had one doe come through. Have 2 doe tags but just wasn’t ready to shoot a doe first day. Felt good to get out.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Opening day here in Minnesota, I typically wait until the end of October. 1 year my season lasted 1.5 hours I shot a 10 point 138" buck.

topgun3690

Ensign
Opening day here in Minnesota, I typically wait until the end of October. 1 year my season lasted 1.5 hours I shot a 10 point 138" buck.
Nice one.....do you remember the weight of that deer? Have heard deer up there tend to be big bodied......

Last edited:

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I used to live where I hunted, about the only thing I miss about the ranch watching the deer. My property butted up to a gated community that did not allow hunting. I put in food plots, managed the habitat, it was not unusual to to see 15-20 deer a sit. Soon as the rut hit the bucks would come. It was wonderful.

FLATHEAD

Commander
Those are some respectable scores on those bucks. Around where I hunt we are lucky to see a 130 on property that’s huntable. Lots of tracks of land that have no hunting, some brutes hang out in those pockets.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Those are some respectable scores on those bucks. Around where I hunt we are lucky to see a 130 on property that’s huntable. Lots of tracks of land that have no hunting, some brutes hang out in those pockets.

I used to wait on the biggest deer, it got to the point where I would see a non trophy 8 pointer come thru and I let it walk. Eventually I asked myself who do you think you are some deer are not good enough for your ego? I went back to just waiting on a buck that was more than 1 year old. I love processing and eating the meat.

FLATHEAD

Commander
I used to wait on the biggest deer, it got to the point where I would see a non trophy 8 pointer come thru and I let it walk. Eventually I asked myself who do you think you are some deer are not good enough for your ego? I went back to just waiting on a buck that was more than 1 year old. I love processing and eating the meat.
I can relate. I love the meat as well. We make all our own sticks, jerky, hot dogs and sausage and make killer pastrami. If you’ve never made venison pastrami your missing out.
Teaching the grandsons to twist breakfast sausage.

13F61781-A4B4-41EC-9301-7F7B784969CB.jpeg

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I don't bow hunt, but during the rifle season I trophy hunt the 1st 3 days. After that as long as it's not a spike or fork it's down. Unless it's at the end of the season, than anything with horns...

topgun3690

Ensign
It's true......ya cant eat the horns......

MRS

Commander
Cannot find my deer photos but did find more hog photos really miss the bow hunts body just not moving like it use to.

Attachments

• th_PYHog.jpg
    th_PYHog.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 5

dwco5051

Commander
My idea of the ideal deer now at my age is one that will drop where my drag will be short and downhill to my house or the truck depending on where I hunt.

FLATHEAD

Commander
Sat for a few hours last night, skunk! Woods are a bit too thick yet for my liking

Attachments

• 573918FD-B87C-4418-8DB2-01CCE1E5AB55.jpeg
    573918FD-B87C-4418-8DB2-01CCE1E5AB55.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Still have to set up my stuff. Being retired I thought I’d have more hunting time. Not yet. To many things to get done before the white stuff comes.