H*rst Marina, Ottawa ZODIAC REPAIR RIP-OFF ARTISTS

GreyStoke

Recruit
I took my Zodiac fastroller in for a warranty claim on seam leak; also asked dealer for a quote one 1 small pinhole leak and one small abrasion leak. They quoted me $700 to patch pinhole and abrasion ! They wanted to double-patch.. totally unnecessary! $110/hr. to patch small leaks? What a joke ! Will do myself in 1/2 hour with Weaver kit..:eek:

GreyStoke

Recruit
Re: H*rst Marina, Ottawa ZODIAC REPAIR RIP-OFF ARTISTS

Update: SAVE YOUR MONEY: It took me 1 hour labour (2 hours total) to complete task of patching 2 areas. Total Cost = $75. Use the Weaver 3001 PVC glue kit and purchase a couple of square feet of Zodiac PVC material. Follow these procedures for an A-1 repair: Cut patches and make large round ones ( in my case, 1 x 4? patch & 1 x 6? patch (5 minutes); Sand (400 grit) & clean (MEK) patches & boat patch placement areas (10 minutes); Mask the boat (5 minutes); Mix Weaver 2-part PVC glue (5 minutes) tip: use syringes to measure out small quanities of glue & catalyst at correct ratio 25:1 (you will have lots left over); Apply 3 coats of glue mix to patches and boat patch placement areas (20 minutes); and fianlly roll out patches on to boat and remove masking (15 minutes). Allow 1 hour time for the glue to dry ( 2 x 25 minute intervals and 1 final 10 minute interval). No special tools needed. I used a 1? steel socket to roll out patches. Do work in an area where the low level humidity level can be maintained. Let glue set for 48 hours minimum before touching/inflating boat. HAPPY SAILING DUDES & DUDETTES! .:D