Bought this boat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag24659

Recruit
I bought a 1972 Winner I/O boat that's 17 ft, I believe. I have some pics of it, but I don't know the model of the boat and it's driving me nuts! Can someone please help me out? I'd like to return it to original condition, which will be hard if I don't know the model. Thanks!

boat1.jpgboat2.jpgboat3.jpgboat4.jpg

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Bought this boat...

Welcome to iBoats. . . .

Not sure how helpful knowing the model will be considering the age of the boat.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

I had a Winner "Eliminator" outboard of that vintage. It had the same spoiler(?) flip to the top of the transom that this boat has. - Grandad

Jag24659

Recruit

Well, it's mainly so I know the model, but also for ordering parts and knowing what parts were originally on it. There are snaps around the window and runners on the sides that look like it had some kind of cover to it. (Just the front part, I mean), and I'd like to get the boat cover that snaps onto the boat, the right decals, etc.

Grandad- do you have any pics of that boat? Thank you both for your replies! I know nothing about boats, including what a "transom" is. :facepalm:

tpenfield

Staff member

Well, it's mainly so I know the model, but also for ordering parts and knowing what parts were originally on it. There are snaps around the window and runners on the sides that look like it had some kind of cover to it. (Just the front part, I mean), and I'd like to get the boat cover that snaps onto the boat, the right decals, etc.

Grandad- do you have any pics of that boat? Thank you both for your replies! I know nothing about boats, including what a "transom" is. :facepalm:

Is Winner still in business :noidea: Where would you order parts from?

Jag24659

Recruit

Well, I guess I 'd have to custom order some. Ebay and CL could be a source also if I had all the info. On the boat.

ctswf

Chief Petty Officer

I had a 1972 winner marauder (16' similar to yours but outboard) I just got rid of after a few years of good use.

If I remember correctly, they have been out of business for a long time. You will definitely want to just measure and buy parts that fit from whatever you can find.

You can probably figure out the model by looking here
Winner

edit: haha my username avitar is the last known photo of my winner

arabian 200

Cadet

I had a 1973 winner wildcat 1 it was the same color as yours, yellow with a faux suede seating surface, they were cool to the touch even in the afternoon sun. I sold it to my brother in 1985, he still has it today

stickeydat

Cadet

1971 Winner 16 Feet Classic Runabout year may b different an is outboard but same by winner

Last edited:

stickeydat

Cadet

1971 Winner 16 Feet Classic Runabout year may b different an is outboard but same by winner

Status
Not open for further replies.