First Boat: Winner Viscount 21

vince.discipio

Recruit
So I just go a winner viscount 21. It has not seen water since 2001, but had major out drive and water pump work before it was parked. Its my first boat and am having trouble finding any manuals or information online. ASny help would be welcome. Here is what I know:
year: 1975
Motor: inline 6 cylinder
outdrive: omc
Any resources on the boat, maintenance, or repair would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Fantasmal

Cadet
Re: First Boat: Winner Viscount 21

I bought a mid 70s winner viscount 21 about three years ago. I have been tirelessly working on it. Full transom and floor tear out and rebuild. Mercruiser 165hp inline 6. I love the boat, but I have been plagued with mechanical troubles. I think I have them all under control but it has been a frustrating run at it. I don't have any manuals, but I have taken pictures the whole time. I would be happy to share the knowledge and pix with you that I have gathered over the past few years. I would also love to see any pictures of your boat. Glad to know there are other people out there trying to keep the Winner's alive, especially the Viscount!

vince.discipio

Recruit

So it was the first weekend of working on the boat in earnest. We found:
1) Carburetor is missing parts
2) Trim motor needs rebuilt
3) Bilge pump not working
4) Blower not working
5) Has an electric fuel pump but no regular fuel pump.
6) Coil is not working
7) Points are shot
8) Engine turns over and has oil.

No pictures of the boat yet. I'm sure she will want to be in better shape before being shown off... :)

Question... All the schematics I have seen on the motor point to a mechanical fuel pump and just having the electric as an assist pump. Anyone have a definitive answer...

rocketboy52

Cadet

Vince or Fantasmal, any recent pics? I'm starting to get my Viscount sea worthy again and would love to see other Viscount projects! I'll try to collect and post some pics of my recent progress as well. Just finished glassing in a new transom and am looking at cutting the keyhole and drilling the holes for the out drive.

rocketboy52

Cadet

Fantasmal,
I'm impressed...it also looks very familier. I just went back to the original Viscount Thread from 2006 and realized all the picture links were broken. I've updated the pics and hosted them on Photo bucket so you can see a bunch of my pics. Your boat looks like its really coming along. It will give me some motivation to get my butt in gear and finish her for this years season. See the original thread here for some Pics:

http://forums.iboats.com/winner-boats/72-winner-viscount-21-cuddy-164477.html