My 1987 Winner Alpha II.

wpalmisano

Cadet
My 1987 Winner Alpha II bassboat. front and rear livewells, lots of storage.

Center Length 15'1"/Beam 79"/Dry Weight 760/Motor 1987 Suzuki DT65- Original, 12 Gallon built in fuel tank with Oil Injection, PTT. Hand laid hull, all fiberglass grillage, no wood anywhere. Top speed is 38-41 mph.

IMG01380043759.JPG

Kidsxwithxbeachedxboat.JPG

IMG034.JPG

Last edited:

slinkeey

Seaman Apprentice
Re: My 1987 Winner Alpha II.

Very Nice Boat!! I hope to own a Winner some day..

I do beleive they had wood in the transom.. The stringers are not wood and that made the Winner's unique in their day.... :)

slinkeey

Seaman Apprentice

How many people does this boat seat? I am guessing 2... I wasn't sure if one of the pedistals came down and then faced backwards or something..

I was tempted to buy this to use for Fishing and driving around with the wife until I could find a Winner Fish n SKi.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/1419981839.html

wpalmisano

Cadet

LOL. Well it seats 2, but we put 2 adults and two kids in all the time. I would often pull out the fishing seat on the rear deck and my wife would lie in the sun. The rear live well is huge and placed between the cruising seats, so it makes a good third seat. You can see it in the photo where my boy is holding the bass.
I also have another like new seat that matches from when I bought the boat. The seats are all embroidered and there is actually a second aerated front live well built into the front casting deck. This boat even came with an e-ladder or swim ladder. It is awesome feature when swimming off it.
I guess I am happy with it, I have owned it 15 years now, my only complaint is that it so small, 3 men is tough, and there is very little storage. On the other hand, its very cheap to run. Many times I fish small (50-100 acre lakes) and never even fire up the gas motor.
If I could find a 18-20 foot boat like this, I would buy it and never want another. Oh, and I can trailer it at 70-75 mph.;)

slinkeey

Seaman Apprentice

Cool..

I have always liked winner boats.. They were constructed of great quality and they paid attention to much detail.. The hardware wasn't junk..

The seats last...

If I could find a Winner Alpha I would buy it just to see how it would tow behind a car..

I would love a Winner Chameleon, but right now I am just not ready to sell the Monte Carlo to get a truck..

cow320

Cadet

Im thinking about buying one of these boats, does anyone have any pictures?? the boat is 400 miles away and the only pics ive seen is whats posted in this thread.. I like what i see so far.. just dont wanna drive all that way and be disappointed.

thank
Jason

fordaboat

Cadet

I have a 1988 Winner Alpha II that's looks the one in the picture but mine does not have the capacity plate. Ive been trying to find someone that has one so that I can have one made.I was hoping that you could help me out

I just bought a 1988 alpha 3. Do you have any manuals on yours? Mine came with nothing and I don't know much about these boats.

fordaboat

Cadet

I just bought a 1988 alpha 3. Do you have any manuals on yours? Mine came with nothing and I don't know much about these boats.

I don't have any manuals for my 1987 winner alpha 2. What information I have found on these boats and the experience that I have had on mine boat, I love mine, just wish I could find information on the capacity plate. I bought it and didn't realize it was missing.

I don't have any manuals for my 1987 winner alpha 2. What information I have found on these boats and the experience that I have had on mine boat, I love mine, just wish I could find information on the capacity plate. I bought it and didn't realize it was missing.

My plate says 4 people or 540 lbs, and 125 hp max . That is all that I can read on it