Pics of your classic Wellcraft

Re: Pics of your classic Wellcraft

I got my 1987 Wellcraft 190 Classic in 1996 after I finished Paramedic School. I have loved this boat from the beginning. Currently looking at having to replace the floor, might take a good look at the stringers then.

Attachments

• 190 classic 2.jpg
    190 classic 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 190 classic.jpg
    190 classic.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 0

mohead1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have the same boat, same year. Boat is in very good condition and needed little, just a gelcoat buff and some interior detailing. Love the way it runs and rides. I will probably keep it till Im too old to care......

Captain Shikaboo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's what I like to hear! I won't sell mine. Too much work to make it the way I like it. She's a keeper!

That's right! I won't be selling mine either, a lot of great times and memories in that old boat. From time to time a little elbow grease and TLC, the boat will last a long time. Glad I became a member of the Wellcraft family! :D

riskibusiness

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After enjoying boating as a kid with my parents boat, and after buying and running a SeaDoo for two season just after college, here is my first "new-to-me" boat. It's a nicely maintained 1979 Wellcraft 196 Sunhatch.

View attachment 137537 View attachment 137538

The Merc 228 setup should push her along very nicely, and the kids and wife will enjoy the cuddy and factory bimini top when it's time to get out of the sun for a bit. She is great mechanincally, and the floor, stringers, transom and motorboxes are solid and dry (I core sampled). There are numerous upgrades throughout (gauges, remote control, electronics, SS prop, etc.), and all the original canvas (bimini top, side windows and stern cover) are all in excellent shape and still look and work as they did 30 years ago! The interior will get some attention from me over the course of enjoying her this summer, and maybe a more extensive interior re-do will happen over next winter. The gelcoat is in great shape, very little to no oxidation and only a handful of deeper scratches that will need attention. I removed the topside black stripe and also the white stripe on the hull, it now has a cleaner look and is ready for gelcoat resto (fill scratches, buff out, polish, etc.).

I purchased the complete package will all the ski/tube/safety equipment included, all of which was 3 years old or newer. Overall, I couldnt be more thrilled and can't wait to splash her soon! Name suggestions??????

I have your boats little sister lol. !980 170 sport. Same color and I also have the all weather top.002.jpg012.jpg

Augie56

Seaman

Well how about that! Not too many Wellcrafts of our vintage around, they must've all got used to death back in the day! I've had mine out twice this year, yesterday afternoon being the latest, and I can't say how impressed I am that a thirty year old boat handles so nice and has so much power. I always knew Wellcraft built good boats, I guess now that I own one that has been maintained properly over the years, I'm finding out first hand.

chrisss72

Seaman Apprentice

Heres my 88 WelllCraft 19.2 Classic. Im also a newbie. Went from a 72 glastron open bow to my first inboard. Going to clean the exterior shortly. As you can see the interior is just fine:)

IMG_0266.jpgIMG_0269.jpgIMG_0273.jpgIMG_0274.jpg

wellcraft19

Petty Officer 1st Class

chrisss72,
Now that is a good looking interior. I have a 1990 "Classic" (or "Sport" depending on who you ask) and your interior not only looks to be in better shape, it is also better "planned". If I get some extra energy this summer, I will rebuild my dash as I need to move the trim indicator up so it's visible w/o having to lean down "under" the steering wheel.

Miller1718

Recruit

Heres a couple pics of my 1987 wellcraft elite 196

Attachments

• 20-wellcraft-elite-196_4465251.jpg
    20-wellcraft-elite-196_4465251.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20-wellcraft-elite-196_4465252.jpg
    20-wellcraft-elite-196_4465252.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20-wellcraft-elite-196_4465253.jpg
    20-wellcraft-elite-196_4465253.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0

PopeOfPaint

Recruit

Just stumbled onto this forum & thread. Got my first boat this past summer. A 78 Nova 210. 5.7L Runs & drives great. Needs some interior work (all cosmetic), which I'm doing this winter. Just finished half the dash, working on rewiring a new switch panel now. She's covered up in the driveway for the winter, so I have plenty of time to work.

Great boat..something about the yellow and white combo...

1024Mick

Recruit

Hi There, A few pics of my 222xl, she has a 5.7 mag, When I purchased her, It was a restoration project as floor was very soft under foot, also it was left for 3 years in the open & cover had got ripoff by wind. Due to this it was soon full of water. Just what I was looking for. After stripping out I drilled stringers & transom to check for rot all OK so it was just floor to do plus rear seats & engine cover, she had a sun deck/engine cover with bench seat,I wanted move deck space so seats at side of engine with engine cover was the solution. I had a fair bit of work to do with engine & drive but not as much as I was expecting.
Photo0160.jpg
Photo0164.jpg
Photo0171.jpg
031.jpg
Photo0207.jpg

Mick.

rangerdave4

Seaman Apprentice

0801121813.jpg0801121812.jpg0801121810.jpg0801121807.jpg0730121245.jpg

Update on the 81 airslot, rebuilt the motor from the bare block up, custum decals made, light bar added new paint and clear coat, epoxyed the deck . added tank racks for 10 tanks. new windline dive ladder, navigation computer with live GPS, depth and fish finder all new gauges and insturments , all new wire, pinstriping LED deck lights and even got the old mast light up to date .also turned the fish box into a live well and put a cution on top, added a soild brass water pick up thru the hull for a wash down pressure switched pump, turnened the storage box in deck into a water tight drained cooler for storeing the live lobsters i catch or a bigger live well .

Last edited:

Caught-Tail

Recruit

wellcraft7.jpg
Getting read to trade my Mastercraft for this WellCraft:facepalm:

ray72

Recruit

1995 Excel 21 SX is classic Wellcraft or not?

mohead1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice boat, you will like it!! I have a 210 Classic almost identical and I like it alot.....

mohead1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is nice work! What did you do, marine plywood with epoxy? Why are the seams red like that, fiberglass mat?

gear79

Cadet

Posting here cuz I just bought my first new to me 85 Wellcraft Elite 180. I know nothing of boats at all but I have learned a tremendous deal in 1week of ownership. It had a soft spot on floor and I made the choice to tear it apart, going in a noob but the desire to learn and work hard. I'll post pix soon, then make my project thread, but for now, subscribing here

andyspoppa

Cadet

Hi,
I just bought an 87' 180 Classic that looks just like your boat. Is there any way that you could take some photos of the transom/engine cover arraingment to include the padded last 6-7 inches above the engine cover and the wooden cup holder on the front of the engine cover?
I am trying to figure out how this is all arranged and yours looks identical to mine except for a couple added feet and bigger engine. Mine has the gas sipping 4 cyl (165) but sure does scream on the water...

Thanks in advance...
Andyspoppa

1024Mick

Recruit

That is nice work! What did you do, marine plywood with epoxy? Why are the seams red like that, fiberglass mat?

You right marine ply with epoxy, the red seams- It is kevlar woven matting , i had it left over from a job i had done a few years ago.