2007 1952 WA Baitwell

djohn46972

Recruit
2007, 2008, and maybe a couple of other years use a combination raw water pump and baitwell pump. The baitwell half of this pump pumps over to a 3/4" by 3/8" Y fitting that has a small 1/8" tap off of one of the 3/8" sections. This 1/8" hose goes up to a valve and deck fitting so you can adjust how much air the line sucks in to aerate the water in the baitwell. This 1/8" fitting has a tendency to break due to the way it is mounted. If that happens, the fitting is no longer available. It cost me around $70 to buy the fittings needed to restore operation to my baitwell. The problem is that you cannot find the proper fittings. Nobody makes a 3/4" to 3/8" Y fitting. You need to go to a 3/4" to 5/8" and then reduce the 5/8" to 3/8". The other problem is that when you buy them you have to buy 5 or 10 at a time.

Everything finally arrived and my baitwell is working again. I have no need of the other 9 fittings of each size I had to buy. If anyone is in the same fix send me a PM or email and I will send you the fittings you need to fix it until I run out. I will send you a little drawing of how it goes together also. You will need to buy your own tubing but is available at home depot in the plumbing department.