Aft bulge auto switch in Line fuse location?

Giboni

Cadet
I have a 2005 trophy 2002 wa. My bilge does not come on when the float switch is toggled. The bilge does come on when I hit the switch at the helm. Has anyone had to change the inline 5 amp fuse. If so where is it located?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Aft bulge auto switch in Line fuse location?

Do you have a three position helm switch, On, Auto, Off by any chance?

Your fuse is good if it runs when the switch is turned to "On".

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Do you have a three position helm switch, On, Auto, Off by any chance?

Your fuse is good if it runs when the switch is turned to "On".

Hi GA, It could be that there are 2 fuses if the circuit is wired as Don suggests in this thread.
http://forums.iboats.com/electrical...ating-switch-question-604925.html#post4215916

I agree that the bilge pump should have only one fuse, but circuits similar to Don's may have been adopted by others. It makes for confusing troubleshooting. - Grandad

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi GA, It could be that there are 2 fuses if the circuit is wired as Don suggests in this thread.
http://forums.iboats.com/electrical...ating-switch-question-604925.html#post4215916

I agree that the bilge pump should have only one fuse, but circuits similar to Don's may have been adopted by others. It makes for confusing troubleshooting. - Grandad

I'll say it can be confusing to anyone except the fabricator. That's why I like two pumps, a switchable and a float switch controlled pump.

Giboni

Cadet

This is factory designed.

No auto on off switch at helm.

One aft bilge. Two complete circuits. One from battery to a fuse to auto float switch connected to bilge. (I'm trying to locate fuse). The second is from battery to breaker at the helm to a switch on/off at the helm and then to the bilge.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry, no suggestions from me, I am electrictly stupid. :stupid:

FWilliams

Recruit

the fuse is at the battery, connected to the positive terminal, from the factory. should be a brown wire with an inline fuse holder. If the fuse is good I have found the wire to be bad, it corrodes on the inside of the jacket, if you feel along the wire you can usually feel where it has gone bad .

Fred

Giboni

Cadet

Thanks. I found the fuses tonight. It wasn't until I realized I was looking for the wrong type of fuses. Changed the fuse and the auto float switch works perfect.

I found the fuses located inside the port side battery door next to the battery switch.

Thanks for everyone's help.

scrat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Had the 'exact' same problem. Mine was a little easier to rectify. If you look in the Battery compartment on the port side back by the motor, to the left of the battery switch whee you can select battery 1, 2, all, or none. you should see 4 connectors (fused and rubberized. The left most of these is the fuse for the auto bilge I believe.