Almost 1 yr

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I've been out of comisson for months on end. long story short! My boat sat in my yard 2 weeks short of 1 yr w/ 35 gals of gas in her belly, to boot couple months ago I left the gas cap off and it rained most of the day! ( I was adding 6 gals of gas w/ 6 oz of startron and forgot to put the gas cap back on) Well the gas was treated w/ startron even before the addition to.( I always use the stuff) Well I was recovering from my surgery and figured I'm gonna have to do something. I did some research and found a Co. " Sentry that claimed it would solve my water problem, I saw a video of Sentry and 2 other competors test. 3 glasses of gas, then a shot of water in each...added the additive in the glasses and the only one that made or appeared to make the water disapier was the Sentry. Well sent away for a 3 pk for approx 29.00 bucks. the day I took my boat out I took along my friend . Pulled into the gas station and poured the 3 bottles of snake oil (each bottle for 20. gals of gas) and a full bottle of startron ( 8 0z. good for 128 gals of gas) and put 100.00 bucks of premium into the 35 gals of exsisting gas, came to 25 gals. Well we dump the boat in and had difficuty starting the 150 carbed 2 strk. Finally got her running and she wasn't idling very well so we took off at hull speed down river and into a canal where my "Poon" hole is too see what was up there. Headed back to the river, got into the channel (total distance approx. 2-3 mls) and trimmed down and hit it..........she jumped on plane and thats all she wrote. We burned approx. 40 mls and 20 gals of gas and she ran great! Now sitting for the almost yr its time for maintance, but I'm real glad the snake oils worked for me.I have used startron for yrs and have no build up of carbon in my prop and my plugs never have any carbon build up on them so I truely believe in the stuff. I will use the Sentry additive if I ever run into a bad water problem.

Well I've been out of comisson for months on end. long story short! My boat sat in my yard 2 weeks short of 1 yr w/ 35 gals of gas in her belly, to boot couple months ago I left the gas cap off and it rained most of the day! ( I was adding 6 gals of gas w/ 6 oz of startron and forgot to put the gas cap back on) Well the gas was treated w/ startron even before the addition to.( I always use the stuff) Well I was recovering from my surgery and figured I'm gonna have to do something. I did some research and found a Co. " Sentry that claimed it would solve my water problem, I saw a video of Sentry and 2 other competors test. 3 glasses of gas, then a shot of water in each...added the additive in the glasses and the only one that made or appeared to make the water disapier was the Sentry. Well sent away for a 3 pk for approx 29.00 bucks. the day I took my boat out I took along my friend and moderator larrywit. Pulled into the gas station and poured the 3 bottles of snake oil (each bottle for 20. gals of gas) and a full bottle of startron ( 8 0z. good for 128 gals of gas) and put 100.00 bucks of premium into the 35 gals of exsisting gas, came to 25 gals. Well we dump the boat in and had difficuty starting the 150 carbed 2 strk. Finally got her running and she wasn't idling very well so we took off at hull speed down river and into a canal where my "Poon" hole is too see what was up there. Headed back to the river, got into the channel (total distance approx. 2-3 mls) and trimmed down and hit it..........she jumped on plane and thats all she wrote. We burned approx. 40 mls and 20 gals of gas and she ran great! Now sitting for the almost yr its time for maintance, but I'm real glad the snake oils worked for me.I have used startron for yrs and have no build up of carbon in my prop and my plugs never have any carbon build up on them so I truely believe in the stuff. I will use the Sentry additive if I ever run into a bad water problem.

Just thought I'd share my experience. for those having a water problem...its up to you if you want to do the same. I think it was a pretty "Ballsey" thing to do, but I took a shot, and it worked for me. I was told so many things including " Sludge Suckers" @ 250.oo to suck her clean. I use a Racor and have a filter on the motor as well and I'll keep my eye on both and carry spairs. So it was a great day to see my pride and joy running great again, and I thank larry for his support and for coming for the ride that could of been a not so good towable day. Well except for the ticket I got for parking in the wrong lane.... all worked out good, Oh well, what ya gonna do!

boat 2010-04-29 -07.jpg

Just thought I'd share my experience. for those having a water problem...its up to you if you want to do the same. I think it was a pretty "Ballsey" thing to do, but I took a shot, and it worked for me. I was told so many things including " Sludge Suckers" @ 250.oo to suck her clean. I use a Racor and have a filter on the motor as well and I'll keep my eye on both and carry spairs. So it was a great day to see my pride and joy running great again, and I thank larry for his support and for coming for the ride that could of been a not so good towable day. Well except for the ticket I got for parking in the wrong lane.... all worked out good, Oh well, what ya gonna do!

Attachments

• boat 2010-04-29 -10.jpg
    boat 2010-04-29 -10.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Senrty gas treatment.jpg
    Senrty gas treatment.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 0

dadsaway

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Almost 1 yr

Frankie G.-Very sorry to read that you were laid up for a year, but happy to read that you are on the mend. You are a tribute to this forum and always ready to help fellow Trophy owners, myself included, with speedy, knowledgeable
responses. Glad you got a well deserved break with the water in gas situation. Go Bistro-really well maintained boat.- Kevin

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

thank you very much. I start back at work this fri. on light duty and wont be able to fish yet but I'll be able to opporate the boat, so until I can get back in shape to catch the big ones ( ha ha ) I can take my family on picnics and them fishing. I did have to replace my racor water/separator and my VHF a few days ago but other than that the boat is fine. thanks again and have a great day!

dadsaway

Seaman Apprentice

Biposto-Biposto- Where was my head at with "Bistro". It's a fishing boat, not a restaurant. Sorry for obvious blunder. I hear there are a lot of happy fish down in Florida with you on a hiatus. Wishing you tight lines shortly.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh well ! you must have been hungry at the time :lol:

slowolf

Cadet

Thanks for the tip about water in the fuel tank, Frankie, and thanks for helping to keep this forum alive!

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

As I get better and stronger I'll be doing more with my boat. Shes been sitting a long time with no care. I really need to catch up on maint. of the motor and hull. I know shes now 9 yrs old and she should have some wear to her finish but shes not shining the way I like her to shine, its been over a yr since shes been waxed, and polished! She needs to be lightly compounded and waxed then polished. That is my next thing to do. I bought one of those star bright polishers and a few pads to give her a work over but dont know if my arm will with stand the work-out. I am pretty anal about how she looks, my good friend larry always laughs at me and says I spend more time keeping up with here looks than using her but I enjoy the care that I give to her, and when I do go out I always get so many compliments. I'm the kind o guy who washes and polishes BEFORE I take her out and after as well. I spend 1 day on the water and the next 3 days cleaning and polishing,....but thats what I enjoy! When I'm out with her its the most enjoyable and relaxing experience I could have. I'll post all up with any progress with " Biposto" ( its Itallian for "crew of two" ) the admiral came up with the name. Its pronounced Beposto. Well I thank you fellow Trophy brothers for the kind words. Time to get my a-s in gear and start the day.