Getting Ready for the Spring Launch

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice
IMAG0618.jpg

This spring I removed the Trophy Letters, added a new stereo and replaced the side bolsters. I hope to have her in her slip next week.

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Getting Ready for the Spring Launch

In the water
Boat Water.jpg

NWFisher

Cadet

Hi John,
Nice boat! I have a year 2000 model 2002 which is also a fine boat. Say, you mentioned replacement of the side bolsters. I can't tell from the picture if they are stock or some other product. If not factory units, what product/part number did you use? I have the stock bolsters and unfortunately they become saturated with water that bleeds out when pressed.

Nice graphics too! Your name graphic looks much better than "Trophy"! Maybe this year I'll do the same.

NWFisher

slowolf

Cadet

Hi John,
Nice boat! I have a year 2000 model 2002 which is also a fine boat. Say, you mentioned replacement of the side bolsters. I can't tell from the picture if they are stock or some other product. If not factory units, what product/part number did you use? I have the stock bolsters and unfortunately they become saturated with water that bleeds out when pressed.

Nice graphics too! Your name graphic looks much better than "Trophy"! Maybe this year I'll do the same.

NWFisher

I removed my coaming pads (bolsters) and had them recovered at a local upholstery shop that specializes in marine upholstery. Cost me about $100 total for both pads. The hard part was trying to match the new vinyl with the existing seat and jump seat vinyl. It's amazing how many shades of white are out there. Got it pretty good, though and they look a helluva lot better.

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice

Boat Water.jpg

I ordered the fabric online (ebay) purchased 2 new pieces of wood, and used the existing foam. I coated the foam and wood with a plastic wrap. Pulled the fabric tight and used stainless steel staples to secure. When I installed the bolsters back on the boat, I switched over to stainess steel bolts in place of the screws, its much easier to tighten with a socket wrench. Total coast was about $30.00.

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice

If your taking off the graphics, I used a heat gun from sears and I think it was zep product to wipe the glue off. Than just wax and buff until you dont see the old Letters.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

hi john, the boat looks great, I could tell your gonna have a good time shortly :thumb: