Factory stereo wiring in Trophy 2002

gdragon

Cadet
Where is it? I found the starboard speaker wires so far but that's it. Can somebody help me out?
Thanks

gdragon

Cadet
Re: Factory stereo wiring in Trophy 2002

For the record, I found it. Under the monkey fur on the port side of the cabin ceiling.

armycopter

Cadet

Can you post any pictures on how / where you installed your stereo and speakers? I am getting ready to tackle the job myself and I'm looking for ideas. The previous owner mounted the head under the dash and just ran some wire into the cuddy. The speakers are laying on the shelf in the bow. I want to mount said speakers and add two more up on deck somewhere. Thanks. Btw, I have a 2002wa also.

gdragon

Cadet

I went with 6.5" Polk speakers requiring a 5" cutout. Behind the starboard seat is a hatch that when removed leaves a 4.5" hole. This was made larger with a router. The factory speaker wiring can be found here. I think they are green IIRC
speaker.jpg

A matching hole was cut opposite that with a 5" hole saw (got a cheap set from e***)

The factory wiring harness is found by entering the V-berth and turning to your left. The bulge can be seen/felt by looking straight up at the corner. All of the wire colors can be found on the Trophy website schematic but under the 2052 model. The main power wire was wrong on my boat and was the same color as one of the port speaker wires but a voltmeter made it easy to find out which was which. I still need to clean things up a bit but this should help you out.

Here is a picture of the cheap enclosure I bout (also from e***) for mounting. I didn't find an antenna wire so I just picked up a cheap one. If you follow the schematic the red port speaker wires travel the whole way around the front of the boat, down the starboard side, past the motor and up the port side to eventually terminate 4-5' from where they started somewhere in the vicinity of where you need to cut the hole on the port side. For the life of me I have no clue where in the hell they terminate so I just ran 4-5' of wire from the stereo to the speaker and called it a day.

stereo.jpg

I'm very happy with this as a mounting place. It's not exposed to the elements, I can easily reach in and screw with it, and I also have the remote velcroed to the dash and it works even with the door and hatch closed.

LMK is you have any more questions.

armycopter

Cadet

Thanks! That will help a lot. Found the wires under the monkey fur and behind the hatch near the captain chair

gdragon

Cadet

Cool. If you find the port side stereo wires LMK where they are at. I ran my own but I'm really curious just to know where in the world they end up at.