Instlg. Elect. Strt. 9.9 kicker on 2005 Pro Trophy inboard/stabil fiberglass stain

BLUEMAYHEM

Recruit
New to iboats. Need some idea(s) on installing my new kicker (the other one was ripped off a month ago) on the back of the stern. It's probably simpler than I'm thinking as I guess it's a question of placement/size for the boot hole needed for the gas line and cables. It's also probably about visual preference. I of course already have the motor bracket mounted on the port side and thinking of putting this 3" boot centered right above the bracket and below the trim bumper. It's another hole in the boat so I want to make the right decision. I've seen some boat owners of different brands install the pass thru on the left side closest to the outside of corner of the boat but it kind looks ugly. Haven't seen a Trophy with a set-up like this. Any thoughts on the install point?
Also..as delicate boat fiberglass can be, like an idiot the other night I installed some ethenol stabil into the gas tank in the rain and apparently some dripped down the side. Seeing it today it has yellowed the white fiberglass. I ridiculously used some bleach and a scrub pad and removed 3/4 of the stain but I still see it. Anyone with a solution to this other than more aggressive scrubbing on delicate fiberglass?
Thoughts appreciated
-Matt

marmac

Cadet
Re: Instlg. Elect. Strt. 9.9 kicker on 2005 Pro Trophy inboard/stabil fiberglass stai

Not sure if this will help but it works on our 2359......

DSC_0652 (800x530).jpg

BLUEMAYHEM

Recruit
Re: Instlg. Elect. Strt. 9.9 kicker on 2005 Pro Trophy inboard/stabil fiberglass stai

It did. Ty. Nice looking boat. Looks like you've put some bottom paint on yours. I've got a 2052 Pro that looks somewhat the same other than the hardtop and 3-4'. Have you had any problems with your boat since you purchased it? I've got low hours on mine but it sits a lot. I've had to replace the washdown/livewell pump and each year for the first 3 I had to have the plastic impeller replaced. With a modification to the water intake line I made(which in theory may not make any difference) for the last 4 I haven't had to replace the impeller. I've never winterized the boat with assumption the closed loop freshwater cooling add-on keeps things stable. Any thoughts since I see you're up in B.C.?
As far as the boot placement looks like you've centered it like I'd like to do. Now if only it's stop raining up here in the NW.

marmac

Cadet

Since it is the first season with this boat I can't give a lot of history, but it ran great this summer and we loved how it handled the rough stuff. Our last boat was a 2452 and there is a big differance, not near as much pucker in the rough stuff....
It had bottom paint on it but imo if it is out of the salt often enough you can keep it clean and fresh.
I never used the washdown but I did drain it when I put her to bed.
As far as winterizing I go with the theory that I prepare for the worst case, so I drain everything I can and keep the anti freeze at -45. Hopefully when I connect everything up in the spring I did enough to prevent any surprises! Ours is the Blll so it has a belt drive sea pump, this one has 2 drain plugs, good thing as it's a pain in the a** to remove or disconnect.

Hope you enjoy your boat as much as we do ours.