Andiamo

Jack Mazzella

Recruit
I just bought a 2006 1952 WA....nice boat. It only has one battery, but has a switch for #1 and #2 and both. I want to install a second battery with a onboard charger. where are the cables for the second battery and where would be the best place to mount the onboard charger?

dadsaway

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Andiamo

Hi Andiamo- Given that I have a '96 2002FF I can't help you much with where to put your battteries. I can offer you what helped me a lot with finding info about my boat. Google "trophyfishing boats". There is an area there where you can enter your year and model and you can download a pdf file with a lot of info re: your exact boat. My boat had no second battery but it seems Trophy makes accomodations for one. Probably an option, but your ahead of the game if the battery switch is already there. Good luck.

Monterey10

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Andiamo

Generally speaking, most Trophys have a reinforced area to mount your batteries to. Many people have the batteries in a position to balance the boat.

Regarding chargers, you want to mount it where it will stay dry. Some chargers get hot, so, it should have some airflow.

You should plan where you want your 110 volt water proof plug.(Marinco) It should be in reach if the boat is on the trailer. If you have batteries on either side of the boat, you can hook the charger up to both sides of the battery switch, saving you running new wiring to each battery.

As mentioned above, asking other owners can really give you a head start on the best positions for all of the equipment. You might try the http://baylinerownersclub.org