Bayliner 1996, Trophy 2002, Front bilge issue, Cushions for stern seats

I have recently bought a Trophy 2002 and I have some questions regarding the front bilge. I?d be grateful if some experienced trophy owner could help me out here..
Please look at attached picture 1..

1) I presume that there is always some water in the retainer and keelson and that is acceptable?
2) Is the blue marked channel connected to the bilge in the stern? Where is the hose end located? Near bilge pump?
3) Are the volumes under the retainer (keelson) connected to red and green arrows only drainage by blue channel?

Anyone who knows where to buy new cushions for the stern seats. Supplier name? See picture 2

Regards Martin

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1

Monterey10

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bayliner 1996, Trophy 2002, Front bilge issue, Cushions for stern seats

Most leaks forward are from the bow eye and or rub rail leaking while underway. Sometimes, rain water can get in through the hatches or rub rail top.

I would imagine that you would need to make cushions for you boat. Parts are not handy for the late 90s boats. I would take starboard, hardware and cushions made or purchased to do the job. Otherwise, you could try Trophy boat parts: http://www.trophycustomercare.com/catalogs_index.htm

j_k_bisson

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The other place that the leaks come from up front is the anchor hatch drain. It seams at the factory they only drilled the hole and put the vent on the out side. As the wood in the bottom rotted over time the drain hole would drain the water inside the boat. Easy test to check if yours is doing it, jus plug the outside drain with silly putty of stick tack and put some water in the anchor hatch. If the carpet under the anchor bay starts getting wet then you need to seal up the hole with thicken resin and redrill after it is dry/hard.

As to that bilage compartment. Not there should not be any water unless the boat is in the water at anchor. Is seam the fron of the boats are heavier than the stern. all the water in your bilage moves forawrd and fils up here unless you are traveling and the bow is up. Then the water drains to rear. So yes/no is the right answer. I try to keep mine as dry as possible by keeping the hatch open when the boat in on the trailer. If not it gets really sticky in the cabin.

All those holes do drain to the stern. the ones on the side are from you side compartments, the one from the front compartment, and the rear is the drain to the bilage in the rear of the boat.

As to cusions I would try Leta's boat tops. They have all the factory patterns for the bayliner boats. They should be able to hook you.

Thanks for the information Mr Bisson..