Water in cuddy cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.

albion2

Cadet
Why would my new Trophy 1802 keep getting water in the cuddy cabin? I put the boat in the marina 4 weeks ago anwent to look at it 3 weeks later and it had 10 inches of water in the cabin.I pumped it out and and went back to look at it again 5 days later and the cabin has another 8-10 inches of water in the cabin.we had no rain during those 5 days.Any answers out there, also when I start it the alarm goes on continuously even when the battery switch and ignition switch are turned off.I have to diconect the battery to stop the alarm.Even the dealer is baffled.The boat only has less than 1 hour on the Merc optimax 115. And this was the first time boat has been in water since it was bought new.

albion2

Cadet
Re: Water in cuddy cabin

Just to add to the above post, I bought the boat in August 2010 brand new boat and Merc 115 optimax.I didnt put it in the water untill May this year.It sat in the back yard all winter with snow on it, then in March,April this year we had really heavy rain, but the boat stayed dry in the cabin,so I presume that the water thats getting into the cabin is not coming from above,doesanyone on this forum know if its a normal problem.HELP I AM DESPARATE as its a new boat.Surely someone knows the answer to this problem.

raymor

Seaman

I have a 2005 1802 with a 115 4-stroke. The first question I have is was the drain plug on the stern removed when you stored it for the winter. If not maybe you have a crack in the hull when freezing occurred. The problem I had with water came from a blocked drain right behind the fish well. This is almost impossible to clear. Sounds like the bilge pump under the stairs is not working if they still put one there s/b automatic and or the stern bilge pump is not working. There are no fittings below the water line on a 1802 unless you added something. With that much water you have a serious leak below the water line if you ask me.

exsailor

Seaman Apprentice

If it sat with snow on it all winter, the deck drains (aft by the engine well) emptied all the melt water directly into your bilge. If you had the plug in, that's a hell of a lot of water. During any freeze/thaw cycles you definitely might have broken something. My 1802 always has a little water in the bilge (which really pisses me off) but I've never had any in the cabin. Later this year myself and a fiberglass guru and friend are going to redesign the cockpit drains and the fishwell drain so that they don't drain to the bilge. Good luck.

clint a

Recruit

is there a toilet in the boat, if you leave the valves open you could be leting water in through there . I know on my 2302 I need to close the pick up and discharge valves when im running or the cuddy gets wet

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is the boat not under warranty? I would sure be asking for them to take a look see

albion2

Cadet

I called trophy and was told to take it to a dealer Trophy said sometimes when the put the deck and hull together the drain pipes sometimes get pushed to the wrong side of the stringers.Thats what had happened, so the boat seems OK now.

albion2

Cadet

I called trophy and was told to take it to a dealer Trophy said sometimes when the put the deck and hull together the drain pipes sometimes get pushed to the wrong side of the stringers.Thats what had happened, so the boat seems OK now.Warranty paid the bill.

hodaka112

Recruit

Hi, sure would like to know your methods and answers to how to cope with this problem of water draining into the bildge, I have looked into making a run straight out with valves when the boat is on the hoist (never stays in the water) I love the boat but this is a pill.

please advise,

thanks

hodaka112
Lac-Megantic quebec, canada

as for winter cover, I have been using a "navigo" navigo.com

If it sat with snow on it all winter, the deck drains (aft by the engine well) emptied all the melt water directly into your bilge. If you had the plug in, that's a hell of a lot of water. During any freeze/thaw cycles you definitely might have broken something. My 1802 always has a little water in the bilge (which really pisses me off) but I've never had any in the cabin. Later this year myself and a fiberglass guru and friend are going to redesign the cockpit drains and the fishwell drain so that they don't drain to the bilge. Good luck.

jbcurt00

Staff member
RG, start a new topic about your boat and the water collecting in it. Post some pix of the boat and problem.

Take note of the helpful tip at the top of the foeum page about not posting in topics w no new posts after 90days. Its been 2 years.

Posting questions about your boat in someone elses topic is also discouraged.