Drainage question on 1802

pgiuf

Cadet
I am new to this forum and am not having much luck getting responses for all my questions...granted I have many. But I am going to try again....How does one visualize the drain in the stringers under the fish well on a 1802?

rob711

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Drainage question on 1802

simple...you don't!! i have a 2005 1802 and you cant get under there....so far this is the only major fault with these boats...and apparently when they built them the never cleaned out the extra fiberglass crumbs, so they occasionally clog the drain holes and then u get problems, as i learned from the passage ways in the bildge at the stern. my only suggestion would be to get a long rod/coat hanger and try to fish it through the drain holes by the bildge in the middle of the boat (from under the step in the cabin)..other wise i'm happy overall with the boat. good luck
rob

ronj

Seaman

Do you want a picture ot the drains. Where they are. Ron

pgiuf

Cadet

Pictures would be great-I am just not understanding the drain in the step area- I felt all around the opening, around the bilge and felt a lip to open areas but found no drain "holes". Do I just poke a wire around in there??
Also I found water in the forward section under the step. It would not drain by gravity- I ended up siphoning it out manually. The drain hole from the tip of bow through the mid section are all clear.
We just have a strong odor in our cuddy and would love to eliminate-we are thinking it is standing stale water...but who knows?
Thanks you guys for any help.

ronj

Seaman

Try this. Ron
IMG-1.jpg

pgiuf

Cadet

Thanks for the photos. As I see it - and please bear with me.-There are 2 pvc drains per section- in the stern and mid section. I don't see where there is a drain between the bow and the mid section.Nothing is labeled so is it open space? To approach the pvc drains in the photo it looks like one would need to approach through the stern- right?
Thanks again!

ecrudolph

Cadet

I have an 05 and there is no drain between the bow and rest of the boat. I use a sponge and wet dry vac when I want to get the water out. Never enough in there for the forward bilge pump to kick on.

raymor

Seaman

I did a couple of things as my middle stringer keeps getting clogged. I first removed the bilge pump under the step and drilled a 1 inch hole through the stringer in back of the pump. I then marine tex the outer edges of the hole to seal it. This allows the water in the middle section to drain into the bow section and the pump then can remove most of it. When I took the boat out of the water and it was on the trailer I lowered the bow down and ran water in the stern section untill the presure built up enough to clear the plugged drain. The problem I think is that all kinds of junk go down into the mid section because of the drain they have in the lip of the fish well. Using this method I was able to clean most of it out and into the bow section where I could use a wet vac and remove most of the junk.

ronkan

Cadet

I would like to share with other 1802 owners the way to address this over site on bayliners design I cut a 9 in hole thru my useless fish box or livewell and installed a 9 in screw type waterproof access plate Now I can get to these very small drains holes that go under the fuel tank. and you still have the ability to use your livewell If it leaks a few drops of water in the bilge so what. Other than this problem I love this little Boat.

exsailor

Seaman Apprentice

I would like to share with other 1802 owners the way to address this over site on bayliners design I cut a 9 in hole thru my useless fish box or livewell and installed a 9 in screw type waterproof access plate Now I can get to these very small drains holes that go under the fuel tank. and you still have the ability to use your livewell If it leaks a few drops of water in the bilge so what. Other than this problem I love this little Boat.

Have any pics? I'd love to see where in the fishwell you installed the inspection plate. Thanks.

ronkan

Cadet

I cut the hole on the bottem, right in front of pump which was about 3 in in front of the bulkhead with the small drain hole which goes under the fuel tank.than I was able to take a garden hose and blast all the crud to the rear drain .No pictures Hope this helps

exsailor

Seaman Apprentice

I cut the hole on the bottem, right in front of pump which was about 3 in in front of the bulkhead with the small drain hole which goes under the fuel tank.than I was able to take a garden hose and blast all the crud to the rear drain .No pictures Hope this helps

Thank you very much! Off to the marina. :)

albion2

Cadet

If you read my post re water in cabin you will see I had a bad problem with my new 1802 w/a.After calling Trophy I was told that the drainage tubes sometimes get pushed to the wrong side of the stringers.I took boat to dealer and that was the problem.Tube on wrong side.Hope that helps you.I was lucky as my boat was still under warranty..:D