Buying a Used Trophy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Used Trophy

Hi I'm new here and have been looking at getting my first boat. I've ran across several used one here on Oahu, but im,going to take a look at a 1992 2002 WA Cuddy on Sunday. It's got a 1995 Mercury 120 and new electrical rigging.

Any sore spots on these boats I should look at. I saw the forum where the guy was redoing the transom on his 93 cause it rotted out.

welcome aboard

its a 25 year old bayliner, specifically an early 90's bayliner when the construction wasnt that great

the boat has a design life of 15 years, so it will need attention somewhere

its going to have rot, I am 99% confident of that if it doesnt, buy a lottery ticket
    Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
    1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
    2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
    1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Yep ^^^

I'll add its a 25yr old boat. Maintenance and care over the last 25yrs will be more lilely to cause problems no matter how well this particular Bayliner, or any boat made by any manufacturer, has held up over the years.

Condition
      Condition
      Condition
      Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

That "Mercury" 120hp motor is more likely to be a Force, which are no longer made, and while parts can still be found, most shops won't work on them.

​For a very low price the boat might be an OK purchase, but that's only if you're OK with what can be a very costly and time consuming project.

Comment

Thank guys. I didn't realize the shelf life of a boat was about 15 years. The guy is asking 6k he said he's firm on the price. Its a little sun faded, but that's all I can see in the pictures. I have a budget of 10k. And there is also a 23 footer here for 8k, mid-90s also.
          I'm a little bummed because I can't really get one from an outer island unless it's big enough to sail over and shipping a boat here from the mainland is super expensive.

Comment

that boat here would be about a $500 project.

again, condition is king

if it was meticulously maintained it may not have rot
            Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
            1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
            2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
            1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Some times I do wish I lived in the mainland, better opportunities for deals.

Comment

How accurate is that NADA site for boat values?

Comment

Originally posted by hisalfi View Post
                  How accurate is that NADA site for boat values?
                  ​All boat prices are determined by the location where they're being purchased or sold, NADA gives a value that can be close, or miss it by a mile.

Comment

Working...
                  X