I need some help with understanding Prop differences. Please

mayordick

Recruit
I own a 2008 Triton 19X2 she has a 225 Opti Max DFI on her with a Tempest 26p Prop. I was fishing in a tournament last year and ran through a gravel bar and nicked my prop up pretty good. Now the question is i took boat out this weekend and was shocked to see it took 15 second before i got onto plane. Engine was running very sluggish during this time but i once i got on top of water she ran just fine, but only achieving 50.2 mph (gps) the shaft is not bent lower unit is in great shape. Rpms only run up to about 5100. I guess my question really is do you all think i have engine problems or prop problems. Please help. Closest quality mercury dealer is 120 miles away so before i make trip was gonna see what you all thought. Thanks in advance.

Berea

Recruit
Re: I need some help with understanding Prop differences. Please

Sounds like it could be the prop all right. Get on line. there are a couple places to send it away for repair. I sent mine down to a place in Indiana, (Indianapolis I think) on my old boat 8-10 years ago. Check your jack plate too. Make sure it didn't move up when you hit the gravel bar.
Call you local dealer or Mercury tech support to see what the motor rpms are suppose to be at top speed. If your turn rpms, then you probably have a prop pitch/damage issue.