2005 Pro guide v16

Jon Car

Recruit
I bought this boat last year, it is in very good shape well taken care of. It will not get on plane. It has a 40 horse tracker motor on it. Is it just too much boat for the motor? I knew I wouldn't break any speed barriers when I bout the boat but I expected it to at least get up on plane. Any suggestions? Below are the boats details. Thanks for any help

BOAT DETAILS
Beam 6 ft 10 in Dry Weight 1194 lb approx.
Max Seating Capacity 5 Hull Material Aluminum
Hull Shape Deep Vee Hull Warranty Limited Lifetime
Engine Outboard Fuel Gas/Petrol
Horsepower (total) 40.00 hp Max. Horsepower 60 hp
Fuel Capacity 24 gal Number of Heads 0
More Boats from this Seller

Fish'n Lewi

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 2005 Pro guide v16

How many people were in the boat when you were trying to get it on plane and what was the weight distribution.....anything up front?

Jon Car

Recruit

two people sitting side by side, livewell was full..

taviking22

Cadet

Does the motor run up to max RPM at WOT?
Does it have the correct prop or is it a replacement?
Does it get up on plane with a near empty full tank and an empty live well with only you aboard?

My boat (see sig) with 2 people, gear, full tank, full live well easily gets up on plane, but I have 10 more HP than you.

Good luck!

Jon Car

Recruit

I am not sure about the prop...boat is in storage right now so i cant run out and look right now...how do I know if it is the correct prop? Have not tried with near empty tank. What does WOT mean..sorry new to this
Thanks jon

Jon Car

Recruit

Ok I got the boat out of storage. Here is the number on the prop: 2076R 13
On the motor down by the prop it had these numbers: 13 x 26 2.00:1

taviking22

Cadet

I'd take your boat's motor information and prop information to a marine center and have them look up to see if that prop matches what is recommended for your boat's motor. Do you have the motor's owners manual that might contain the specs for the prop? The manual or the marine center should also indicate what your motor's WOT (wide open throttle) RPM is. My boat is has a 50hp Mercury motor and it easy gets up on plane with a passenger, fishing gear, and full gas tank and will go 25+ MPH....downhill with the wind on my back. :joyous:

Good luck with this as fishing season is here in Husker Nation!