recessed trolling motor foot control

travis37

Cadet
I own a pt185 bass tracker(2004) and am thinking about buying and installing a recessed foot control pan. I was just wandering if any of you have done this install on a boat like this. I guess I am also not sure if there is a support right where I would need to cut a hole for it. Any info would be great. THANKS

tored1971

Cadet
Re: recessed trolling motor foot control

I own a pt185 bass tracker(2004) and am thinking about buying and installing a recessed foot control pan. I was just wandering if any of you have done this install on a boat like this. I guess I am also not sure if there is a support right where I would need to cut a hole for it. Any info would be great. THANKS

That sounds like a great idea.

I hope someone chimes in on this one.

Phil

MudSkunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

should prolly ask this in boat resto and building might get more responses

travis37

Cadet

Just installed my flat foot recessed trolling motor pan. I could not believe how simple it was!!!! Nothing in the way as far as braces go,the only thing that really sucked was the foam in the bottom of the boat.It needed a spot for the drain on the pan. VERY EASY INSTALL measure twice and cut once. I was a little nervous cutting a hole in my boat but after I got done it was all worth it.:D;)

travis37

Cadet

Dont have a camera for pics so i will try to borrow one from a friend and see if i can figure out how to post them. This was a clean and easy install,I bought the pan from Bass Pro Shop and thought that maybe it might be more then its worth but the comfort of fishing with this is priceless. I spent a good ten hours on the water and no leg pains or sore back.In rough water it is so easy to keep your ballance. Looks pretty good also.Wont own another boat without one.:D:D:D

rocketman87

Seaman Apprentice

Would like to try this how about the pics ?

travis37

Cadet

100_0499.jpg
100_0498.jpg
100_0500.jpg

BryanO

Recruit

That looks great. I might have to do this as well.

Expidia

Commander

Old post but . . . . Nice job. Looks great.

I might have went the wireless remote control on the fishing rod route rather than take a saw to my floor.

Only took "6 months" to borrow that camera from a friend. Do not lend this guy your lawnmower :D :) :D

travis37

Cadet

remote controls suck, had one and hated it!!!! waste of money.Don't need your lawnmower either but can i borrow your snowblower:D:):D about two foot of snow here. sorry it took so long but i forgot all about it.O-WELL:redface::p better late then never by the way shouldn't you be on a lund site what are you doing here? what ever I dont care anyway:D

Good tip. Thanks for the pic. Did you drill a drain hole in it for when it rains?