Tiara 31 open

nymike

Recruit
I'm in the market for an older Tiara 31 (85-95). Does anyone have knowledge of obvious pitfalls or any other advice?

Thanks

BEAU1

Recruit
Re: Tiara 31 open

this is the best time to buy a boat in 30 yrs prices are off 40% in some cases the 31 tiara has become a industry standerd you wont go wrong no big pit falls avg boat owner uses boat 250 hrs ayear gas burning motors go 1500 hrs with maintaince i know some one is going to tell you his friend has 5000 hrs on his it could happen if you use it 10 or 12 hrs a day every day remember i said average. boat engines wear out from not being used and not being serviced the 31 has plenty of room excellent lay out great helm good to fish or cruise her dead rise is alittle shallow but that flatter bottom gives agood turn of speed just pick your days if you are going 40 0r 50 miles off shore to fish if it gets rough set a course for home and slow down you can trust she can take more of a beating than you no i dont work for tiara i own 3 27 31 36 give you the hull numbers if you doubt it outher boats you are in good shape in would be bertram blackfin or hateras yes there. are outher good ones out there but i am trying to keep this simple the tiara factory is good to work with and more than helpful learn to maintain your boat your self and then learn more and you can afford boating you will spend between 35k and 60k to get a good one get a survey you pay . then get a seperate engine survey about a day of a mechinics time cost 400.00 to 600.00 split ths bill with the seller if the seller wont let a engine survey happen noughf said if he wont split the bill i pay it when i am buying cheap insurance although rebuilds on crusaders are not to costly