Brand of wakeboard towers on Tahoes????

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok, so I buy this used 2007 Tahoe Q6. It has a bimini and a wakeboard tower so it's all good, right? Uhm, NO! We go to fold out the bimini today to find that the wakeboard tower is in the way and we can't unfold the bimini. Well darn, I looked and there are no markings on the wakeboard tower to determine what brand it is. I'm wondering if it's adjustable. It looks like I can loosen the bolts with an allen wrench, maybe remove a couple of bolts in the top rails then move the tower into a more upright position. That would allow the bimini to unfold beneath the wakeboard tower. Any idea if wakeboard tower height is usually adjustable? I can post pics of the tower and how it is anchored to the boat if that would help. We were just wanting to use both the tower and the bimini. The previous owner is in Mexico so I sure don't want to call him until he is off of vacation. Let me know what I need to provide and I will get it. I just want to solve the problem before my next adventure out! Thanks!

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
If it is a factory tower it will say Tahoe on the sides. It sounds like, without seeing a picture, that you could have an aftermarket tower with a factory bimini. I would not move the tower unless it can be done with making it weaker. I would just make the bimini top fit the tower by cutting or adjusting the mounting bars or buy a bimini to fit on the tower. Post some pics and I bet someone will know the manufacturer.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Here are pics of the wakeboard tower. I'm guessing the speakers hang down to about 6 feet above the deck of the boat. I've looked at the 16 inch biminis that iboat sells. That might be the answer. Any other recommendations?

Attachments

• photo204642.jpg
    photo204642.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
  • photo204643.jpg
    photo204643.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 3

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
It is a nice looking tower but I cant figure out what brand of tower that is. Is there a manufacturer name or number on it? Maybe the previous owner knows? I will keep looking.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've searched it up and down for a name, model # etc. with NO LUCK! I'll look again this evening as I'm going to take measurements for a new bimini top if that's the answer. I'll take better pics and maybe someone will know the brand. Thanks again.

davidbporter

Recruit
I bought my 2008 Q6 4.3 May 2008 and installed an Aerial tower in 2009 myself. I cut the front bow down so that it fits under the tower when open. The only downside is that it takes two people to open the bimini because I have to open the bimini first and guide it under the tower and back into the holders which takes about 3 to 4 minutes. However, it's a lot better than buying a new one. I don't run tower speakers because I fold the tower down and it stays in the garage when not on the water.

Tahoe.jpg

Attachments

• image_207391.jpg
    image_207391.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Tahoe.jpg
    Tahoe.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Tahoe.jpg
    Tahoe.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Tahoe.jpg