Smart tabs or hydrofoil

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK Turtle

Cadet
I have a '10 Q5SF and just wondering which one everyone preferred. Only thing about thesmart tabs is tthe will be very close to the ladder and I'm afraid one of my nephews will try and use that as a step.

saintv90

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Smart tabs or hydrofoil

I love my smart tabs! Highly recommend them!

USS MINNOW

Seaman

Does anyone have any pictures of Smart Tabs installed on a Q7? I'm considering them. Thanks

whitey224

Seaman

Here is another mounting option for the Q7i.
DSC_0598.jpg

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not that i go that fast in reverse typically... but once in a while i have been known to accelerate a little fast when shifting to R, especially when in durress/wind...

although it was more likely to happen on my Dad's old tiller 15hp - where the prop would lift up out of the water with the auto-tilt deal....

any one have any issues with that and snapage in the past?

BiggerDee

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I wasted money on a hydrofoil before I found this forum and Smart Tabs. On a scale of 0 to 100, hydrofoils are a 1, and Smart Tabs are a 99. No kidding. Save yourself the time and trouble and go with the Smart Tabs. Once you do, you'll understand why there are so many of us on the forums telling everyone about how fantastic they are.

dback2004

Recruit
My apologies for bumping an old thread but stumbled across this looking for advice on tabs for my 2010 Tahoe Q7i Ski & Fish. I'd bought Nauticus tabs and just returned them after two different mechanics told me not to install them on the boat. The curved back end requires the tabs to be mounted at a slight angle which will cause "fishtailing" in the stern. He recommended hydrofoil on this model. I think the 2011 model flattened out a bit by the looks of the pictures compared to my 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.