Post Pics of Your Tahoe and Upgrades!

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey Guys!! Man I'm glad it boating season here in Mississippi!! Hope Everyone is having a wonderful season. I wanted to start a thread asking everyone to upload some pictures of there Tahoes to show them off! I'm looking to do some upgrades to my Q4 so if you have add anything to yours post pictures of that as well. Here is a couple of pics of my toys! Have a wonderful day and God Bless..boat.jpgboat2.jpg

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Post Pics of Your Tahoe and Upgrades!

Good topic :)

Here is my girl at pickup. All a wonderful spring morning that was! 80 in early april in MN, cold the day before and cold rainy the next day!
2012-04-14_10-23-06_406.jpg

My only changes besides keeping good slather of Aerospace303 on it... has been some added lights in the engine bay and side compartments. See link from my signature if you want and too long of a writeup on it.
BoatLightsOnandOff.jpg

2012-05-10012.jpg

Best 20$ bucks i have spent on her!

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

BoatDrink... Super nice boat!! And I love the idea for both lights esp. the eng. bay ones. You got my wanting them now ha I notice you got two batteries I only have one. The only extra thing I have in my boat is a depth finder do you think I could run two of the lights on my battery without having any problems?

On the water

Cadet

Here are some pics of my boat. We added a ski tower (including spot lights), tower speakers with amp, a second battery and upgraded the stereo to a Fusion 600 so it would integrate directly with my iphone and keep it out of the elements.

Tahoe.jpg

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here are some pics of my boat. We added a ski tower (including spot lights), tower speakers with amp, a second battery and upgraded the stereo to a Fusion 600 so it would integrate directly with my iphone and keep it out of the elements.

View attachment 152468

Is that a bow protector i see? I seem to get some 'ruboff' on the quite hard factory bow stop (center seems hard plastic?! outside nice soft rubber)... Good buy?

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

I haven't done anything to the boat as of yet...besides detail the gel coat recently. I tried adding the photo from the computer but it kept saying the file was too large...ugh.

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class

If in your photobucket account you can just past into the Post the "img" tage. so will have a {img} and {/img} on each side (but not wavy brackets it will be square brackets) to have the picture in post instead of link.

NICE

What did you do to gel coat, just a good wash and wax? Need much as far as a 'cleaning wax'? I have just been 303'n to prevent oxidation hopefully... keep it moored like that? I suppose sides get pretty funky...

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the tip on photobucket!

Well I had not put any protect any on the boat since buying it in 2011...so the gel coat was a bit dull. I used some HD Polish to buff out the gelcoat with a Porter Cable 7424XP, then applied HD Poxy (sealant) The boat GLEAMS now!!! Looks better than the day I got it...I am starting a new hobby of paint correction so I had to do the boat. I store the boat on the side of the house so no issues with it getting funky from mooring.

Here is a pic of the reflection on the gelcoat just after polish, no sealant yet...and me of course.

BoatDrinksQ5

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow I am surprised you had noticeable dulling in just a year. I suppose in Cali, even in the north, you get plenty of time on the lake.

I have been fairly O.C.D. on protecting the gelcoat so far....we'll see if i can keep it up - haha. I have seen to many boats in rough shape - plus I wasted way to much money on this beauty to let her slide to fast.

WOW - nice polish job! I don't think my bathroom mirror is that clear! lol

Last edited:

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

PrinceValium where did you get you snap on cover at? I really like that...

My boat needs a good wax job to it so I/m guessing ya'll sugguest I use the HD polish? Can I use any car wax like turtle wax, meguiars ect? And what does the sealent do?

David

On the water

Cadet

BoatDrinks, that is a bow protector for the winch. It came on the boat when I bought it and has been a nice feature that I am glad we got. I would definitely recommend it to stop the rubbing issue you are having.

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

View attachment 152468

Did the bars on the top front of your boat come with it are did you add them? Do they have a peupose or just for looks?

David

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Wow I am surprised you had noticeable dulling in just a year. I suppose in Cali, even in the north, you get plenty of time on the lake.

I have been fairly O.C.D. on protecting the gelcoat so far....we'll see if i can keep it up - haha. I have seen to many boats in rough shape - plus I wasted way to much money on this beauty to let her slide to fast.

WOW - nice polish job! I don't think my bathroom mirror is that clear! lol

Thank you!! When I got the boat I did not put a wax on it for some reason or another otherwise it would have lasted longer. With my gelcoat being black...that is the worst color to hide any blemishes so any fading whatsoever will show. Since in my opinion there is no color that looks as good as black when it is clean....I had to make it look nice.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

PrinceValium where did you get you snap on cover at? I really like that...

My boat needs a good wax job to it so I/m guessing ya'll sugguest I use the HD polish? Can I use any car wax like turtle wax, meguiars ect? And what does the sealent do?

David

David...the snap on cover is a dealer item...they work very well to keep out the dirt but do nothing for keeping out the rain. We use them to trailer the boat to the lake..putting everything in the boat that we will need without worrying about anything blowing out of the boat. The other cool thing is that if you just leave the from cover on when on the lake in the morning...it effectively blocks that cold air from blasting you when going down the lake...then you can take it off when the weather warms up! We also use it for a shaded area so our miniature schnauzer can have a place out of the sun. (don't have a bimini yet) Here is a picture of our first mate (Lexy our schnauzer) You can also find them on ebay from greatlakesskipper...they have brand new covers bimini's etc. they get from estate sales etc.

You do not need HD Polish to do your boat...that is the product I am using for paint correction so I used to for the gelcoat. Meguire's products work well too. I use a machine to save on my arms and hands but it is not needed. I have never liked turtle wax...stick with Meguire's and you should be good to go. Just remember anytime you use a rubbing compound it is basically cutting the gelcoat and then you must follow the cutting with a polish to repair the damage you did when cutting with a compound. A sealant is a polymer that seals your paint or gelcoat from the elements. It is not a wax...therefore after a sealant you can use a wax on top. Think of it as a shield of protection for all the hard work you did!!

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

PrinceValium... So your sayin after a good wax (cuttin the compound) I need to polish it? What do you recommend for a good polish after a wax?

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Ok let me explain...cutting compound is just that...it cuts a gelcoat or clear coat on a car. What it does is remove some of it to remove scratches or oxidation. After that you need to use a polish to reduce the amount of damage the compound did on your finish (which is the step that gives it the shine)...then after THAT you follow it with a wax. Here is a link to a video that might help you understand the process...this is the guy that got me into paint correction. It is a rather long video...but he has lots of them and they are very informative. He is called TheJunkman....enjoy!

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok let me explain...cutting compound is just that...it cuts a gelcoat or clear coat on a car. What it does is remove some of it to remove scratches or oxidation. After that you need to use a polish to reduce the amount of damage the compound did on your finish (which is the step that gives it the shine)...then after THAT you follow it with a wax. Here is a link to a video that might help you understand the process...this is the guy that got me into paint correction. It is a rather long video...but he has lots of them and they are very informative. He is called TheJunkman....enjoy!

Real good video... But I was just going to wash the boat real good and then just wax it really good... Nothing wrong with that huh?

On the water

Cadet

David, if you mean the bars on the front of the bow above the seating area, they came with the boat. They don't serve too much of a purpose but they are nice to hold on to when it gets a bit choppy.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Real good video... But I was just going to wash the boat real good and then just wax it really good... Nothing wrong with that huh?

Sure that's fine...for me I want my gelcoat glossy.

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Here is my exhaust, trim tabs
IMG_0710.jpg

my carb setup and exhaust
IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

last one behind my suburban
bullardsbar014.jpg