Alarm problem for Tahoe Q5 with 5.0L Mercrusier engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouch26

Recruit
I recently purchased my first boat, a used 2002 Tahoe Q5 with a 5.0L Mercrusier engine so I am somewhat of a novice. I am getting an audible alarm and I have read that it could be caused by one of three different sensors, high heat, low oil preasure and low drive oil fluid. The tempature gauage measures 160 - 170, the Oil pressure gauge reads 50-60 and the drive oil fluid level was high so I removed some to get into the correct range. I believe these ranges are all exceptable. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

MelodyBay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Alarm problem for Tahoe Q5 with 5.0L Mercrusier engine

When does the alarm sound? When you are cruising or when you first turn the key over?

If it's when you first turn the key it is normal for a 2 second beep which stops. If it continues then you need to look into it.

yourboatmyboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If it sounds when you are running the float in the oil bottle at times goes bad. Unplug the wires to the bottle and try again.As Melodybay said if it quits after start that is normal, with exception that the 2 second beep is normal for the MPI motor, but a constant beep will be heard on the carberated models untill the engine is started.

bouch26

Recruit

Thank you, yes it sounds as expected on start up, but also periodically while driving. I will try unplugging wires from the drive oil reserve and see if that works. Does anyone know if the alarm on the drive oil is only if it is low or does the float cause it to alarm if the reserve is too high as well?

yourboatmyboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Only if the float reaches the low level will activate the alarm.

Brad25306

Recruit
I have just purchased my first boat it is a 2011 Tahoe 195 with a murcruiser 4.3 I am getting that annoying beep also mostly at higher speeds sometimes more often then others I just had a 100 hour service done and the water pump propeller replaced and it’s still doing it it’s really frustrating and the fact I am just learning about boats I am stumped

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have just purchased my first boat it is a 2011 Tahoe 195 with a murcruiser 4.3 I am getting that annoying beep also mostly at higher speeds sometimes more often then others I just had a 100 hour service done and the water pump propeller replaced and it’s still doing it it’s really frustrating and the fact I am just learning about boats I am stumped

A new thread of your own will get you the help you want. This thread is 8 years old.

Start the new thread in the Mercruiser section because this is a motor problem, nothing to do with the make of the boat.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.