1995 Sylvan Super 17 Select - Livewell system

jfk1

Recruit
Just bought a 1995 Super 17 Select - interior had been redone .

I haven't put in water yet, re-wiring from scratch.

1st testing and addressing any pump issue.

Transom has the standard bilge plug, and two intakes with pumps on inside.

Assuming one for each live well (front and rear).

I am baffled when trying to figure out how the livewells drain.
It looks as though the rear livewell drains to a T fitting directly above the intake pump...for recirculating ???

The front live well pump only has one hose heading towards the front under the floor.

Each live well has a high level overflow that goes to a port on each side of the boat.
and a small drain hole at the bottom.

I am hoping the front one just doesn't drain to the bottom of the boat and into the bilge.

Can they be draining out the intake pump ????

Tonight I plan on filling one to see what happens.

Strange to me that there is not a drain port on the transom...just the standard plug and the 2 Intake Pump impellers.

thx

Stoney54547

Cadet
Re: 1995 Sylvan Super 17 Select - Livewell system

I was hoping if you discovered how your entire system worked you could help me answer a similar problem. My Sylvan Pro 19 Select has a front and rear livewell. The one in the rear will only fill and not recirculate. I was wondering if it was a separate pump or the same pump with a blown fuse or what??? I just want to get the recirc fixed and don't know what to do.
Just bought a 1995 Super 17 Select - interior had been redone .

I haven't put in water yet, re-wiring from scratch.

1st testing and addressing any pump issue.

Transom has the standard bilge plug, and two intakes with pumps on inside.

Assuming one for each live well (front and rear).

I am baffled when trying to figure out how the livewells drain.
It looks as though the rear livewell drains to a T fitting directly above the intake pump...for recirculating ???

The front live well pump only has one hose heading towards the front under the floor.

Each live well has a high level overflow that goes to a port on each side of the boat.
and a small drain hole at the bottom.

I am hoping the front one just doesn't drain to the bottom of the boat and into the bilge.

Can they be draining out the intake pump ????

Tonight I plan on filling one to see what happens.

Strange to me that there is not a drain port on the transom...just the standard plug and the 2 Intake Pump impellers.

thx

Stoney54547

Cadet
Can anyone tell me how to access the fill hose going to the front livewell? I replaced the fill pump because my Sylvan 19 pro select was suddenly taking in water. I thought my pump had a bad check valve (if there is such a thing) allowing water to enter the boat. My boat it still taking in water with a new pump so I figured the supply hose may be damaged. Any help would be appreciated!

Stoney54547

Cadet
Well, I figured it out. I have two livewells. Each livewell has two pumps. One pump is for filling and the other is to recirculate the water. There is also a unrelated bilge pump for when you're sinking and there's no one to bail the boat :). My recirculate pump had some fishing line wrapped up in the impeller, so it never needed replacement. The boat leak problem I was blaming on the the upper livewell fill pump turned out to be a loose hose letting water in. The leak persisted on a new pump (which blew my mind), but only because I did not secure the hose to the pump properly. Bottom line is, don't let your hose go around loosely or you're bound to get a bad reputation.