Sunrunner Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sunrunner Owners

where are you located, nice to know, update your profile, welcome to iboats.

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

Denebola: I'm just north of you, in Medford. I keep my boat out in Moriches, unfortunately, on land for this season. Congratulations on your new boat and welcome to Sunrunners. There is also a large Sunrunner owners' site on Yahoo. Lots of info and good people there, as well. Enjoy your boat and maybe we'll meet next season on the bay. If there's anything I can help you with concerning the boat and its systems, just ask. Hy

cannonford57

Petty Officer 1st Class

south carolina here,just aquired a project 87 225cv w/5.7 mcm...all interior and most of the wood is shot but all mech and elec systems for the most part are saveable.seems like a well made boat and looking foreward to the task.have the mooring,trailering covers along with the camping setup i think but i dont have the bimini top or hardware and i think i need it to use it.if anyone has a pic of a 225 with the factory bimini up please post it so i'll have an idea .thanks its the largest boat i've owned so i'll probably have a few dumb questions coming your way.

jasonmck

Recruit

I just bought a couple months ago a 1989 Sunrunner 248. Great boat and can't wait to put it in the water. It is at a shop getting inspected and ready for the spring.

HI Jello, Hope your having lots of fun, I have a 248 classic from Florida. Sailing west coast of sunny Scotland, 1988 still looks and runs brilliant

innerrage

Recruit

:I own a 1988 210 sunrunner blew the origanal motor. the had jason saris of performance marine build me a 350vortec 400hp. 290a sp drive just had completery rebuilt nosecone seals crylogenig allnew gears 1;61 etc.Bronson and hill 15x23 solid hub ss prop balance blueprinted etc. Boat is now painted ice white with some purple,yellow,red graphics. on 100octane she will run low 70s trimed and tabbed out purfect, awesome rough water boat.

ris49

Recruit

Sign in if you own a Sunrunner! 1988 Weekender 235 here.

I just purchased a 1988 235 and am trying to find a wiring diagram for the boat. Previous owner was creative and would like to know the factory ideal about wiring. Do you know where I can obtain a wiring diagram. I'd like to see how the overheat alarm is wired, the trim tabs and the power tilt. There are two fuses/breakers on the engine that I'm not sure what they are for. It's sometimes easer to look on a scematic than tracing the wires through the harness.

ris49

Recruit

I just purchased a 1988 235 and am trying to find a wiring diagram for the boat. Previous owner was creative and would like to know the factory ideal about wiring. Do you know where I can obtain a wiring diagram. I'd like to see how the overheat alarm is wired, the trim tabs and the power tilt. There are two fuses/breakers on the engine that I'm not sure what they are for. It's sometimes easer to look on a scematic than tracing the wires through the harness.

wajajaja02

Re: Sun runner Owners

Re: Sun runner Owners

welcome, have your stuttered all your life, just kidding, where are you from, you left out your location, got your boat in the water? I find the boat to be pretty much typical merc i/o alpha one set up, nothing special. try the technical bulletins for that combo.

jeffz0rz

Seaman

just picked up this 93 sunrunner for 2800 bucks. needs interior and an out drive. has a brand new 383 full roller stroker pushing 448 hp. i just picked up a brand new 1994 290 volvo out drive for a grand. never used, EVER ! still on the pallet and wrapped in plastic. i think i came up huge on this deal. anyone seen a sunrunner like this ? i can seem to find any other like it.

2qjx8o6.jpg

16jvki.jpg

buckeyefish

Recruit

I have a sunrunner weekender 235. Any idea where I can get parts for my control panel? Or who the manufacturer is for the panel? I have gauges going on me one by one.

wajajaja02

I bought a set of what would best fit, for all of them. a couple of years ago, this year the i/o is getting new gibel bearing,and bellows set. hope to get out next week

NWdoug

Recruit

I just got a 1988 Sunrunner 235 weekender that I am going to be restoring. Anyone have any good resources for parts and schematics?

NWdoug

Recruit

I just got this 235 weekender from a guy for free and am looking for information about findig interior parts.

IMG00193-20100628-1828.jpg

cannonford57

Petty Officer 1st Class

faria manufactured the gauges on my 87.do u have the bimini top for yours and if so could you post a picture of it installed on the boat?

Archman

Recruit

Hello Littlebookworm: So here I am, another SunRunner owner new to the site; Am the original owner of a 1984 SRV190 Bowrider powered by Merc 140 I/O; purchased new here in Ontario; used for general crusing & skiing at the cottage within the Kawartha Lakes region of Central Ontario (125 miles north of Toronto); a great all round family boat that performs both functions with ease; great handling & dependable; still runs and looks like new after 26 yrs.; it's kept out of the water on marine lift when not in use; winter stored on a Shorelander roller bunk; now needs a few cosmetic touches such as replacement of hull rub strip.
Any idea on where one can obtain replacement rubber hull strip that will match original SunRunner product in colors (beige) and size, as well as solid chocolate brown carpeting ? Have checked out the Taco site & West marine but they have limited selection.
Been a great boating season here in the north so far. Enjoy.

maillady

Recruit

I Was wondering if anyone has had problems with buying parts for sunrunner boats, Did some other company buy them out? Have a chance to buy a Sunrunner 25' 1988 ultra 252 but kind of hesitate. Please let me know if you have any advice. Thanks

idyltimelg

Cadet

SunRunner is no longer in existence, and hasn't been for nearly 20 years. No one bought them out or took over their molds or inventory. I wouldn't let that be a major consideration. They made very sound boats. I have a 1988 SunRunner 235 Weekender, and it is very well made.

I own several boats, and replacement parts seldom come from the original manufacturer. For example, my larger boat, a 38' Carver, is a late '80s model. Carver, arguably one of the most prolific builders in the past 40 years, has very little in the way of replacement parts, information, drawings etc. for anything over 5 years old. I have found that getting information from them relative to older model boats is very difficult, and my success has been very limited. Most of the parts, if available as they were originally configured in the boat, come from outside suppliers that Carver used. From my perspective, relative to my Carver, that company might just as well no longer exist except to the extent that "old timers" at the company might be able to shed some light on just who their suppliers were in the late '80s. This is not a slam against Carver (well maybe just a little), but a boating fact of life when owning "older" boats.

On the SunRunner, the mechanical parts will probably be from Volvo/Penta, the guages might be from Teleflex or Faria or some other manufacturer, the hatches from Taylor, the lights and hardware from Perko etc. The issue, as with any older used boat, is whether the boat is a solid, well found example or not.

camaro_z28

Cadet

We have a sunrunner 230 weekender. Black and tan. 5.0L volvo duo-prop. Very solid boat, we were a little worried when we first bought it but got a sweet deal. Turned out to be an awesome boat. Runs 37 MPh on smooth water and handles great. Not to mention good space for weekend cruises.

idyltimelg

Cadet

Does it bother anyone else that the Owners' Forum incorrectly identifies the brand as Sunrunner, not Sun Runner?

jeffz0rz

Seaman

just picked up this 93 sunrunner for 2800 bucks. needs interior and an out drive. has a brand new 383 full roller stroker pushing 448 hp. i just picked up a brand new 1994 290 volvo out drive for a grand. never used, EVER ! still on the pallet and wrapped in plastic. i think i came up huge on this deal. anyone seen a sunrunner like this ? i can seem to find any other like it.

2qjx8o6.jpg

16jvki.jpg

almost a year later im still looking for someone with something close to my sun runner. nobody has one of these ???

Status
Not open for further replies.