Sunrunner Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy_flyer

Cadet
Re: Sunrunner Owners

I have a 1981 20ft Cuddy Cabin, but beyond that, I have no idea as to what the model is, nor do I know anything about the engine, drive or prop, other than it's a V6 OMC. I recently inherited it.... but I have had to replace the bellows around the drive, and both the trim and tilt motor.

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

I'm a recent owner of a 1986 220SB which I am refurbishing. Most of the work needed is cosmetic but I do need the replace the engine. The present 350 Mercruiser is cracked. I am looking at a 305 Mercruiser that the marina mechanic has. We'll check it out next week and see if I want to install it. The boat is now tarped for the winter here on Long Island NY but I plan on working on it over the next 6 months. I hope to have it ready for next season. Happy boating. Hy

thumpar

Admiral

I have the little sunrunner. It is a 1983 openbow 16.5 footer. It has a 120 mercruiser in it. Nice boat. I live in the city they were made in(spokane) and met a guy that worked for them before they went out of business.

suezie00

Recruit

HI...how are you?? I just have a question I am hoping to get an answer to. I have an 87 sunrunner we purchased last year that we are currently fixing for the summer. It is running great, but the wiring has issues....specifically the thermal circuit breakers. Unfortunately the four breakers are so old that I can't find the amperage stickers on them. I was wondering if anyone knows what amperage I need for the horn, Lights(transom/running light combo), bilge and fan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I called west marine and stopped at a few marine stores, but all are unsure...most guess around 10. Does that sound right?? Thanks...

thumpar

Admiral

Are they actually circuit breakers or are they fuses? Mine are all fuses except for the big breaker on the engine. I would think 10amp is about right.

medic181075

Seaman

I recent purchased a 1989 175vb. I almost passed this over, seeing that sun runner was only in business for a limited time. A bit more investigating into what sun runner was made me jump on this deal. It is currently a work in progress. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement gauge panel, or do I need to buy new gauges and try to figure out the wiring (somebody had their fingers in there before I bought it, making it much easier to just buy a new panel and plug it in).

Sunny2007

Cadet

Hi all,
Just purchased a 1988 SunRunner,all 21 feet with 350 Chevy.
A Mercruiser Alpha 1 drive pushes it nicely.
She has white background replacement gauges which are easy to read.
Fresh paint and new interior.
Waiting to win the lottery to fill her up ! :D

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

Medic: Exact replacement dash panels are just about impossible to find. You'll have to make a new one. Replacing the guages isn't that complicated if you follow the wiring diagrams. You need a factory service manual for your engine; it will have the dash wiring diagram in it. You can use the generic diagram found elsewhere on this site. Let me know if there's any specific info I can give you. Check the Sunrunner web site for more info. luck. Hy

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

JUST FOUND THIS THREAD,
I have a 85 Sr 220sb I bought this April in Michigan, its great, will be running it around Manhattan, the Hudson and maybe the shore, hope to raft up, one more trip on the Hudson for the color show planned for Columbus day w/e.

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

Hi. Welcome to the site and to SunRunners. I replied to your PM when I saw it the other day. Anyway, you're way ahead of me in use of the boat. I'm looking forward to next season. I've just replaced the engine in mine and then proceeded to break the transom mounting plate. Now I've had to unbolt and disconnect the engine. I need to lift it, move it forward about a foot, and then remove the transom plate to replace it with a used one. Then I get to re-assemble everything in time to winterize it. I live on Long Island and have the boat out in Moriches, on the south shore. Who knows, maybe next season I'll get real adventurous and take her around to Manhattan. My daughter and son-in-law have a 34' Cruisers up in New Rochelle and have gone around the Statue of Liberty a few times now. Maybe I'll join them. Safe boating. Hy

wajajaja02

HI, Going to go out one more time on Monday, tappan zee to new burg and then some, to take in the color in the central valley. then Ill wrap it up till summer. It will be my third outing in the sunrunner. I just put a new fan clutch in my Dakota so I hope i solved my overheat problem that i didn't have bringing it home from grand rapids.

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

Boy, you really know how to hurt a guy! Seriously, I'm jealous. It's gorgeous out and I can't go boating. In a couple of hours I have to go to work. I teach part-time at Suffolk County Community College. I love doing it, but on a day like today, I'd love to be on the water. Oh well, there's always next season. Safe boating. Hy

Osprey55

Cadet

I've owned my 1984 Sunrunner 245 for about 9 years now. Great old boat. We've reupholstered the interior, plus carpet. Has the 350 GM engine. Full camper type enclosure. Runs well. It took a bit of damage from IKE but I'll have her back in the slip before long. Working on the bottom job now. Always something to do.
At least I don't have to put it up for the winter donw here in Conroe, Texas.
If anyone has suggestions for the optimum prop for a boat this size, I am interested in opinions. It has a 15.25 x 17 3 blade aluminum, but I am always looking for a bit more performance.

wajajaja02

i just filled the gas tank yesterday, three trips to the gas statiion with three 5 gal jugs, 164 gas was too much to pass up. and with the o/b down and the motor winterize easier to lug an pour gas off the step ladder.

Jello Shot

Cadet

I just bought a couple months ago a 1989 Sunrunner 248. Great boat and can't wait to put it in the water. It is at a shop getting inspected and ready for the spring.

zx6rr33

Recruit

I hesitantly bought my first SunRunner last year. I had a 1987 Searay 250 Sundancer prior to buying the 302. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by this boat last season. Fantastic hull design, lots of amenities and tons of space. The boat is a 1988 SunRunner Ultra 302. It has two AQ271's spinning Volvo 290 Duoprops out back. I couldn't believe how quick this big old boat was when I put it in last season but WOW!! It really gives most other boats close to its dimensions fits. Really good on fuel as well. And that was last year. At the end of the season I did a compression test on both engines and found they had both been cooked all season. The engines are being rebuilt as I write this and I can hardly wait to get in the water.

jmwhip

Recruit

I have the 1988 235 weekender and am excited about how it runs and the spacious design. My only problem is the water that runs along the window ledge and gets into the back of the boat. There is some floor rot on the starboard side. It can be replaced fairly easily, so as long as the boat continues to run like it did last weekend I'm extremely happy.

wajajaja02

having the same problem with water leakage, siliconing all the windows, and using 3m 5200 on all the cracks in the seams and gel coat top side. just rebuilt the carb, ran her on the lake , performed great.

Fireman7777

Cadet

I just bought an 89 Sun Runner 175B. With a Volvo Penta AQ131B/275 It is in pretty good shape, and starts up and runs great! We took it out for the first time today, but had a couple of issues. First, it was pulling to the port side pretty hard, and the faster we went, the harder it was. The other issue is that it was overheating. I checked the raw water filter and it was clean. Not sure what I should try first. Maybe the raw water pump? This boat has a heat exchanger. I'm happy to find this big forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.