Sunrunner Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshocksta42

Recruit
Re: Sunrunner Owners

i just purchased a 1987 sunrunner cuddy cabin how do i tell what model it is.

Brian WV

Seaman

i just purchased a 1987 sunrunner cuddy cabin how do i tell what model it is.

theres a site you can search for that you can type in the hull ID number which is found normally on the outside of the boat in the back right corner

Hans.st

Cadet

Hello SunRunners,
I'm brand new here. Recently I bought this 1990 Sunrunner. I just do not know what type it is. Can anyone help me on this?
For now I can not even use it because the engine needs to be overhauled.
Is there anyone who knows firms (U.S)that provide replacement engines and make shipment to Holland?

Grtz From Holland

Attachments

• $T2eC16d,!w0FIYvPrmQwBSOp+ZR8o!~~60_85.jpg
    $T2eC16d,!w0FIYvPrmQwBSOp+ZR8o!~~60_85.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20130917_155119_org.jpg
    20130917_155119_org.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 0

bgc

Ensign

Welcome, Grtz

I am not sure of the model but shes a good looking boat!

oscales

Cadet

Hello SunRunners,
I'm brand new here. Recently I bought this 1990 Sunrunner. I just do not know what type it is. Can anyone help me on this?
For now I can not even use it because the engine needs to be overhauled.
Is there anyone who knows firms (U.S)that provide replacement engines and make shipment to Holland?

Grtz From Holland

Grtz, check out this link 1990 Sun Runner Prices & Values - NADAguides. Also look under the rear of the hull behind the bulkhead up top, they often wrote the boat casting number there.

100_2601.jpg100_2598.jpg

Last edited:

Heydutch

Recruit
Greetings All,
I'm still trying to get my 1988 Ultra 252 in the water. Searching for information was my biggest struggle until I found diagrams and manuals. After finding parts I hope to get it restarted and in the water. Good Luck to everyone.

Panu

Cadet
No Title

attach8393676.jpg My new alpha 1 and all old problems were gone... rpm 3500 to 4300 and no more heat problems. 60-70*c when driving.

Attachments

• photo206253.jpg
    photo206253.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Carknocker

Recruit
Hey new to the forum. Owned a 1979 Sunrunner for about 3 years now. It's about 20-21 feet? Unsure of the exact model. 350 inboard volvo penta 280 leg. I love this boat. Been problem free knock on wood. It's a little rough around the edges but never let me down. I've just recently acquired a second 1979 Sunrunner. Roughly measures the same except its a bit of an odd ball from what I've seen and read about Surunners as it appears to be a factory or very well done outboard conversion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 0

bgc

Ensign
Welcome to the forum, Carknocker. As you can see the SunRunner forum gets little traffic.

Post a few more pick of your boats

MaicoDoug

Recruit
Just finished a successful maiden last weekend down here on the gulf. I have a very sweet in great shape 235 Weekender. Been re-powered with a long block 350Ci/260HP. Still has the Volvo Penta Duo Prop which just had the fluid replaced. The new motor has 40 hours on it, now it has 42 :) The raw water tank has a good sized leak and the tank is almost out for inspection & repair as I write, the drain pump needs repair however. The raw water pump does work as it should from the batteries when low pressure is detected. Don't let it run when your tank is out of water, it won't shut it's self off. The shower drain was dust however. Sunrunners show yourselves.

closeup 23ft 1989 sunrunner.jpg

MaicoDoug

Recruit
Yup, that polyethylene raw water tank has seen WWII from the looks of it. Big cracks & a history of repairs. All looking like they have been welded (re-melted). Had good luck with the $15 Harbor Freight 80 watt soldering iron type tool. Used tupperware HDPE cut in strips. Have one more very small dripper to have a go at later today, then on to the shower drain pump & off board exit re-location. Seems that with a full tank of gas & around 450 pounds of payload, the exit drain is apx 3/4" below the water line and backing up about an inch in the shower. The only I can think of why the factory did this is to keep the drain pump primed? No more of that. Why have a water exit below the water line eludes me.

Last edited:

daniel8956

Recruit
Hey all, I have a 195cv with the aq151 motor. any suggestions on what I can replace it with? I am thinking six cylinder.

MaicoDoug

Recruit
dan, are you thinking an inline or the V6? I would think that the interface might work, but I'm no expert. Have you found a supplier, they would know. Currently I have only around a 100 mile range w/ a 35 to 40 gallon tank (cant remember). I could use more in that regard myself. But the power from the 350 is nice, especially with the DuoProp setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.